Air Fryer Baked Brie is one of those appetizers that every time you make it, you wonder why you don’t make it more often. Melty, gooey cheesy goodness for the win.
I’ll never forget the first time I ate baked Brie. The gooey cheese encased in buttery, flaky pastry was one of the most magical things I’ve ever tasted.
Since that first bite, baked Brie has been one of my favorite things to contribute to holiday meals. And now that I started making baked Brie in an air fryer, it’s faster and tastier than ever.
Air fryers work by circulating hot air around food as it cooks, getting it super crispy and golden brown. When you air fry baked Brie, it comes out more like Mozzarella Sticks with a super crackly pastry coating. If you haven’t tried making air fryer-baked Brie yet, I can’t recommend it enough.
- 1 cup Pears, diced; see note 1
- 1 tablespoon Dried Cranberries; see note 2
- 1/8 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Pancetta Bacon, see note 3
- 1 Round Brie (4.5 ounce/125 grams), see notes 4 & 5
How to Make Brie in Air Fryer?
- Roll out the puff pastry. In the center of the pastry sheet, place the Brie.
- Serve the Brie with the preserves and nuts on top.
- Bring the pastry corners up and over the Brie, collecting them at the top. Pinch the pastry edges together tightly to seal them.
- Whisk together the egg and water in a small bowl. Brush a uniform coating of egg onto the pastry.
- Coat the air fryer basket liberally with cooking spray. Transfer the Brie to the basket with care.
- Air fried the Brie for 15-20 minutes at 375°F, or until the crust is golden brown and slightly puffy.
- Allow 5 minutes for the Brie to cool before removing from the air fryer and serving.
- Calories: 131
- total Fat: 8g
- saturated Fat: 3g
- trans fat: 0
- cholesterol: 18mg
- sodium: 155mg
- carbohydrates: 11g
- fiber: 1g
- protein: 4g
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
Do you remove the peel from the brie before baking it?
No. There is no need to do so. In reality, the rind preserves the cheese in form and retains heat, allowing it to stay runny for longer.
What is the best way to heat up brie cheese?
The Brie should be placed on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper and drizzled with honey. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until it starts to ooze but does not melt.
What temperature should Brie be cooked to?
When Brie has been stored in the fridge or wrapped in plastic packaging, it can develop an ammonia smell and taste, but that easily dissipates when left on the counter at room temperature for about 30 minutes.