Cooking air fryer chicken gizzards has become my latest addiction. It is a healthier and improved version of traditional fried chicken gizzards. They are nutritious, tasty, and simple to prepare.
I’ve tried several methods for producing these chicken gizzards. However, air fryer-fried gizzards are by far the finest.
If you want fork-tender gizzards that won’t go to waste, prepare them like this. Air-fried gizzards are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, and fill with mouth-watering flavors. Air fryer chicken gizzards are a delicious snack your kids will even love! What else can you ask for?
- 1 pound chicken gizzards
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (Optional)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- cooking spray
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons seasoned salt (such as LAWRY’S®)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
How to cook chicken gizzards in an air fryer
- A big pot of water should be brought to a boil. Add the gizzards, cut into bite-sized pieces, to the boiling water. 30 minutes at a boil Drain.
- In a flat plastic container, combine the flour, seasoned salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne. Put the lid on and shake until everything is mixed.
- Combine the seasoned flour with the gizzards. Replace the cover and shake until evenly coated.
- In a separate dish, beat the egg. Each gizzard piece should be dipped in the beaten egg and then back into the seasoned flour.
- Replace the lid and shake one more. Allow it to rest for 5 minutes while the air fryer warms up.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Spray the tops of the gizzards with cooking spray and place them in the basket. 4 minutes in the oven Shake the basket and reapply extra cooking spray to any chalky places.
- Cook for another 4 minutes.
- Prep:10 mins
- Cook:45 mins
- Additional: 5 mins
- Total: 1 hr
- Servings: 4
- Yield: 4 servings
- Calories: 237kcal
- Sodium: 432 mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 329 mg
- Protein: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Potassium: 260mg
- Sugar: 0.2g
- Vitamin A: 7927IU
- Vitamin C: 6mg
- Iron: 6mg
How long does it take to get gizzards tender?
Simmer the chicken gizzards for around 30 minutes to tenderize or cook until desired softness is reached. Boiling reduces frying time and results in a moister gizzard. Cool and bread: Make sure the meat is cool before breading so the breading holds together better.
Are fried chicken gizzards healthy?
Bird gizzards are one of the most nutritious parts of the chicken. They are strong in protein, good for digestion, and a good source of vitamins. If you’re wondering what a “gizzard” is, it’s a bird’s stomach. All of the nutrients your body need may be found here.
How long do you cook chicken in the air fryer?
To cook frozen chicken breast in the air fryer, follow these steps:
Preheat the air fryer to 360° F. Drizzle olive oil over the chicken and season to taste. Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray and cook the chicken for 18 to 20 minutes, turning once halfway through.