This air fryer chicken taco recipe is made with deliciously seasoned Mexican chicken, Avocado with pico de gallo, and A quick evening meal that will quickly become a family favorite.
In the last four years, I have broken not one but two separate air fryers. That’s how much I rely on and like my air fryers. Air fryers are not only simple to operate, but they also cook rapidly and taste scrumptious.
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 1 recipe chicken taco seasoning
- 6 corn tortillas, warmed
- Pico de gallo
- Avocado, sliced or chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken thighs (3/4th to 1 pound)
How Can Cooking Air Fryer Chicken Taco Recipes Instructions
- Whisk together the orange juice, garlic, oil, vinegar, chili powder, coriander, paprika, oregano, cumin, pepper, and salt in a big dish, basin, or ziplock bag.
- Marinate the chicken thighs in the fridge for 2 hours, covered.
- If you marinate the chicken for more than 4 hours, it will start to degrade.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, coat the basket liberally with oil, and arrange the chicken in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook for 12 minutes, turning midway through, at 360°F.
- Take the chicken thighs out of the air fryer and cut or shred them. Don’t worry if the chicken is a little underdone; it will be cooked again (see notes).
- Warm your tortilla shells in the microwave if necessary to make them flexible. Rub both sides of the tortilla with oil (or spray with cooking spray), lay flat, and top half of the tortilla equally with chicken and cheese (if desired). Fold the tortilla in half and set it flat in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes at 400°F, turning once, or until the tortilla is crispy and the cheese is melted. Repeat as necessary. As they cool, the tortillas will crisp up even more.
- Allow it rest on a rack while you prepare the remaining tacos.
- prep time: 5 Minutes
- cook time: 11 Minutes
- additional time: 4 Minutes
- total time: 5 Minutes
Nutrition Fact For Air Fryer Chicken Taco Recipes
- Calories: 188
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Sodium: 178mg
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 15g
Can you put taco shells in air fryer?
If you don’t want to add the toppings first and only want to cook the shells in the air fryer, that’s simple. You must equally distribute the shells in the air fryer and cook them for 4 minutes at 360*F using the Ninja Foodi’s Air Fryer or Air Crisp.Remove them with care and load them with your favorite taco ingredients!
How long do you cook chicken in the air fryer?
Air fry frozen chicken breast for 18-20 minutes, flipping once halfway through, drizzling it with olive oil and seasoning as desired. Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick spray, and then heat it to 360 degrees F.
How do you heat tortillas for tacos?
The best way to heat tortillas is by stacking them with six to eight tortillas or fewer and placing them in the oven for 10-15 minutes.