If you’re seeking a simple homemade air fryer cornbread recipe, you must try this one. It is the ideal accompaniment to any meal since it is soft and moist. This cornbread, made with buttermilk, has a very rural flavor.
Nothing beats a hearty serving of handmade southern cornbread that is light and fluffy. With this simple air fryer cornbread recipe, you can whip up a small batch of buttery cornbread in your air fryer in 30 minutes.
The end product is a loaf of warm, delicious bread with a crunchy exterior.
It’s a great option when you only need a small portion because you don’t have to heat the entire oven. A little quantity of cornbread is therefore perfect for feeding two to four people. It’s cozy, relaxing, and ideal for small barbecues or private get-togethers at home.
Ingredients Of Air Fryer Cornbread
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Instructions For Cornbread Recipe
- Set aside a 6-inch round cake pan after lightly brushing it with butter.
- In a large basin, combine cornmeal, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and gluten-free flour.
- Egg and sugar need to be blended until smooth in a different basin.
- To the sugar mixture, add buttermilk and melted butter. Assemble by combining.
- Mix the dry ingredients after adding the wet ones. batter into the baking pan that has been prepared.
- In the air fryer, put the baking pan. 330F for cooking
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center of the cornbread comes out clean.
- Remove the cake pan carefully, then place it on a cutting board. Cut into six pieces.
- Serve warm and top with butter and honey.
Time Duration Of Air Fryer Cornbread
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 22 mins
- Total Time: 32 mins
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Servings: 4/6 servings
- Calories: 233kcal
- Calories: 233kcal
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Sodium: 455mg
- Potassium: 104mg
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 10g
- Vitamin A: 309IU
- Calcium: 77mg
- Iron: 1mg
Is oil or butter better for cornbread?
The 1/4 cup of butter in our recipe below provides taste and color that you can’t get with oil alone. In the batter, add oil. Although I have suggested using butter, we also advise using oil. The greatest taste and a moist, soft crumb are guaranteed by the oil and melted butter in the cornbread batter.
What makes cornbread dense?
This cornbread’s batter is HEAVY. That’s because we’re utilizing a lot of components that are hefty. The weight will increase thanks to the cornmeal, flour, sugar, and buttermilk. The finished product is a rich, moist cake that resembles cornbread.
Do you put egg in cornbread?
We also tried both incorporating and excluding an egg. As a result, it doesn’t matter. Although the dish holds together better and is a touch more tender when some of the cornmeal is replaced with flour and an egg.