The air fryer crab stick recipe is a healthier alternative to a bag of potato chips from the supermarket. This crispy fried snack is created without a deep fryer and is a perfect go-to snack for you or your family whenever you want something to eat.
This tasty and nutritious snack requires only four ingredients and can be prepared in about 20 minutes. Serve them hot from the air fryer or as a quick appetizer for holidays or gatherings.
Air Fried Crab Chips Ingredients
- 6 oz imitation crab sticks
- black pepper
- olive oil spray
- pinch of salt
How do you fry crab sticks in the air fryer?
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 320°F.
- Tear the crab sticks in half lengthwise to make smaller pieces.
- Make careful you don’t shred them too much.1.5 to 2cm would be enough.
- Drizzle oil over the ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To blend, toss everything together thoroughly. Fill the air fryer basket halfway with crab sticks.
- Prevent overpopulation. Cook in batches if you’re making a significant amount.
- Cook at 320°F for 15 minutes. To ensure consistent cooking, open the tray and stir with tongs every few minutes.
- After 15 minutes, check whether the crab sticks are golden brown and crispy. If not, cook for a few more minutes.
- Total Time: 25 Mins
- Cook Time: 15 Mins
- Prep Time: 10 Mins
Are crab sticks good for your health?
Crab flesh has many of the same nutrients as other popular seafood but contains less mercury than marlin, swordfish, grouper, and tuna.
Crab has a lot of vitamins and minerals. Crab is also abundant in omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B12, and selenium. Avoid anemia. Many of the elements in crab, including vitamin B12 and folate, aid in preventing vitamin deficiency anemia.
Real crab is also strong in omega-3 fatty acids. Crab’s omega-3 fatty acids provide several heart-health advantages. These essential nutrients may help decrease triglycerides, minimize blood clotting, and reduce the likelihood of an irregular heartbeat.
Crab is high in protein and essential for muscle growth and maintenance. These nutrients are essential for boosting overall health and preventing some chronic illnesses. According to research, those who consume seafood, such as crab, at least once a week have a lower risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
Note: Beware of fake crab sticks composed of starch and finely crushed white fish that has been molded and dried to mimic snow crab or Japanese spider crab leg flesh. They are not rich in health value.
Can you cook crab in the air fryer?
Yes, you can cook crab in the air fryer. To do so, place the legs in the air fryer basket and cook for 5-7 minutes at 370 degrees Fahrenheit, depending on the thickness of the legs.
Because I utilize snow crab clusters, five minutes is ideal. Also keep in mind that, crab legs purchased at a store are typically already cooked.
Can you put foil in the air fryer?
To make cleanup easier, line your air fryer with foil or parchment paper. However, parchment paper is most likely a superior choice. Some acidic foods, such as tomatoes and citrus fruits, should not be air-fried using foil.
Can I cook crab sticks?
Yes, Heat the oil in a big saucepan until an instant-read thermometer reads 350°F. Place a handful of crab sticks into the oil, being careful not to overcrowd the saucepan.
(Depending on the size of your pot, 2 to 3 dozen strips should be enough per round.) 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown, fry the crab sticks