Air Fryer Duck can be a perfect holiday meal or special occasion dinner. This roasted duck is made with our favorite seasonings and is just dripping in flavor.
I usually make roasted duck in the oven, but I had to try this in the air fryer. The duck was done in no time and was so juicy and full of flavor. I was excited to try an air-fried version of our favorite dishes. This duck recipe makes the perfect roast duck dinner without having the gamey taste of traditional roasted duck.
I was so excited to try this recipe in the air fryer, and it did not disappoint. The juicy duck was cooked perfectly with a fantastic flavor and was perfectly roasted and delicious.
The air-fried version of our favorite dishes is an excellent alternative to traditional roasted ducks. Unlike those, it has no gamey taste and makes for more tender meat with crispy skin that’s perfect on its own or paired up with some potatoes.
Ingredients for Cooking Air Fryer Duck
- 1.5 whole duck 3-4 pounds
- 1.5 teaspoon thyme
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 0.75 teaspoon salt
- 0.75 teaspoon black pepper
- 1.5 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1.5 tablespoon rosemary chopped
How to cook crispy duck in air fryer
- If using a frozen duck, thaw it in the refrigerator for 24 to 48 hours. Remove the neck and any giblets that may be within the duck once it has thawed.
- Rinse well and wipe dry with paper towels. Allow the duck to rest while you prepare the spices.
- Combine all of the spices in a small mixing dish. Brush the duck with olive oil and then season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the duck, breast side up, to the air fryer basket and cook for 45-55 minutes at 300°F.
- The legs should not be tied throughout the cooking process since the liquids and fat from the duck need to drain.
- The internal temperature of the duck should be 170 degrees F in the thickest region of the duck breast.
- Allow the duck to rest for about 10 minutes after reaching that temperature before cutting.
Nutrition Facts of Air Fried Duck
- Calories: 67kcal
- Protein: 1g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 291mg
- Potassium: 15mg
- Vitamin A: 41IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
- Calcium: 11mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Prep Time: 10 Mins
- Cook Time: 45 Mins
- Resting Time: 10 Mins
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 67 Kcal
Can you put a duck in an air fryer?
Yes, definitely. The duck should be lightly brushed with olive oil and seasoned. Place the duck breast side up in the air fryer basket. Bake for 45-55 minutes at 300 degrees Fahrenheit. You shouldn’t tie the duck’s legs during the cooking process, as they need to move freely in order to drain the juices and fat.
How long does duck breast take in the air fryer?
Cook the duck breast in the air fryer basket for around 15 minutes at 400 degrees. The air fryer cooks the breast uniformly on all sides regardless of whether the skin is down or up. Don’t overcrowd the basket; only 2 breasts at a time. Start testing the interior temperature 15 minutes later.
Start testing the interior temperature 15 minutes later. I want my duck well done, so I roasted it until it reached 165 degrees. Another 4-5 minutes passed. Pull the breast out at 135 degrees if you prefer it medium rare.
How long does it take to cook duck?
Roast (whole duck: 2 hours and 15 minutes for 1.75-2 kilogram ducks, 2 hours and 45 mins for 2.5-3 kg ducks; breasts, 30 minutes). Grill, dry fry, or barbeque (3-4 mins on each side).
How long does it take to fry duck?
Fry the breasts until the fat melts and the skin crisps. Continue frying until the skin is crisp and golden and all of the visible white fat has melted away. This process might take up to 10-15 minutes.
Why isn’t my duck skin crispy?
Duck skin can become flabby if the fat is not properly managed. To avoid this, score the skin and progressively render the majority of the fat. This approach yields lovely, crisp skin and allows you to retain the duck oil for other applications, such as roasting or sautéing potatoes.