The chicken air fryer flautas recipe makes an excellent meal! Without any oil, homemade shredded chicken wrapped in tortillas and crunchy on the exterior.
These Air Fryer Chicken Flautas are extremely wonderful!! Crispy chicken flautas stuffed with a creamy chicken sauce and baked or air-fried to perfection! If you taste these homemade flautas, you might never go back to the store-bought kind again! These come together in little time at all, and the whole family will enjoy them! Make it with me!!
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (see notes)
- 4ounces cream cheese softened
- One teaspoon of taco spice
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (distributed)
- Eight corn tortillas
- 8 tbsp. soured cream
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
How to Make Chicken Flautas using an Air Fryer
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 385 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the shredded chicken, softened cream cheese, and taco seasoning in a mixing dish.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, evenly distribute 1/4 cup of the creamy chicken mixture and 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese. Tightly roll up. Rep 8 times.
- Set the timer for 8 minutes and place four flautas in the air fryer, seam side down. Your air fryer should beep to alert you to flip your food at the halfway mark. Continue to cook after flipping.
- Continue with the last four flautas.
- Flautas should be served with a dollop of sour cream and shredded lettuce. Enjoy!
Time & Servings
- Total Time: 18 min
- Servings: 7-10
- Calories: 149 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 13g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
- Sodium: 179mg
- Potassium: 94mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 158mg
- Iron: 1mg
What is the difference between taquitos and flautas?
A flauta is a big, burrito-size, or quesadilla-size flour tortilla, whereas a taquito is a fajita or small quesadilla-sized corn tortilla.
Can you reheat flautas in air fryer?
Yes, to reheat leftover air fryer taquitos, simply warm the air fryer oven to 400F and cook for 1-2 minutes until heated through. It’s not necessary to flip them!