How frequently do you consider having ham for supper on a weeknight? For the holidays, I generally think about ham. And, judging by the long wait outside my local Honey baked Ham shortly before Christmas, it appears that virtually everyone else does.
Ham is available in thick slices at the supermarket all year. These are referred to as “ham steaks.” They’re cheap and easy to prepare, especially in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Ham Steaks transforms slices of ham into a spectacular and quick supper or sandwich tray for a party in only a few minutes.
Finish with honey, butter, and seasoned salt glaze. They’re delicious and look great on a dish. Another option for a small gathering is to serve them with bread and nice lettuce to make sandwiches.
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Light Brown Sugar
- 4 Ham Steaks 3/8 – 1 inch thick
How to Cook Ham Steaks in the Air Fryer
- Place ham steaks in an air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook for about 5 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a glass Pyrex measuring cup or microwave-safe dish while the ham steaks are cooking.
- Mix the melted butter, honey, brown sugar, seasoned salt, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Brush the ham steaks with the melted butter mixture on both sides. Cook the ham for another 3 – 4 minutes at 400 degrees F, or until the ham steaks are browned and cooked through.
- Depending on how many you want, you’ll probably have to prepare ham steaks in batches.
- Preheat your oven to 200°F. Keep the air-fried ham steaks warm in the oven on an oven-safe dish or a sheet pan coated with foil until ready to serve.
- Cuisine: American
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Servings: 4
Is store-bought ham steak already cooked?
Fresh and pre-cooked ham steaks are available. Look for cooked ham steaks that are labeled “completely cooked,” “cured,” or “hickory smoked” on the packaging. Keep in mind that ham steaks that have not been pre-cooked are not safe to ingest before cooking.
How long does it take to cook steak in Airfryer?
Cook the steak in the air fryer basket for 7 to 9 minutes for a medium-rare steak or 10 to 14 minutes for medium, turning halfway through. Allow the steak to rest for 10 minutes after it has finished cooking before slicing and serving.
Why is ham steak tough?
Ham steak becomes tough when it is overcooked. Overcooking will result in dry, rough, and hard meat. After the ham has finished cooking, remove any extra fat.
Can you cook gammon steaks in an air fryer?
Cooking time for gammon steaks (or uncooked ham steaks) will be about 2-3 minutes longer than for pre-cooked ham steaks. Make sure they’re cooked until the internal temperature reaches 145°F/63°C.
How do you cook Hatfield ham steak?
First, remove the wrap from the skillet and score the edges every 2 inches to prevent curling. In a pan greased with nonstick cooking spray, sauté the ham steak for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes on medium heat. Then flip it over. Fry for another 2 minutes, or until well cooked (140 degrees F).