This Air Fryer Kachori Recipe will be a huge success. Less guilt and very tasty.
Airfryer kachori is a guilt-free way to enjoy this flaky, crisp pastry packed with a spicy filling. It is a popular food in Northern India and is traditionally deep-fried. You may eat it with yogurt and tamarind chutney, tomato sauce, or fried chilli, or just choose one and bite into it as a complement to your evening tea; a Kachori will always taste excellent.
Ingredients for air fryer kachori
Dough for Kachori
- 1 cup maida (all-purpose flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
Filling Ingredients Green Peas
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup thawed at room temperature green peas
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of Besan/Chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika or red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Fennel powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mango powder
- 1 tsp khatai Salt to taste
Step-by-step Instructions air fryer kachori recipe
Making the Kachori Dough
- In a mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour or maida and salt. Stir in the Cooking Oil and Vinegar. Rub the oil and flour together with your fingertips to get a bread crumb consistency. Begin by adding a little water at a time.
- Make a soft dough similar to chapati/roti dough. Set aside for 2 minutes, then lightly oil your hands and knead for another 2 minutes.
- Fill a glass basin halfway with dough. Place the cover on and leave it for half an hour.
Filling the Matar with Green Peas
- In a frying pan, heat the cooking oil. Add the onions to the pan and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat with a Stirring Spoon until they are lightly golden.
- To the pan, add Coriander powder, Cumin powder, Turmeric powder, Red chili powder, and Fennel powder. Roast for 30 seconds on medium heat before adding the Besan/Chickpea Flour. Continue to roast for 1 minute more.
NOTE: Add the thawed Matar / Green Peas to the pan now. Combine thoroughly. To the pan, add Garam Masala, Dry Mango Powder, and Salt. Combine thoroughly. Cook for 1 minute more over medium heat.
Making the Kachoris
- Make six equal balls of dough.
- With your hands, spread out a dough ball into a 2 – 2 1/2 inch disc. Fill in the gaps with about 1&1/2 tbsp Matar filling. Bring the disc’s sides up to cover the filling. At the top, carefully seal the filling from all sides. It will roll into a ball. Gently flatten it into a disc with your hands, using minimal pressure.
- You may also use a rolling board and a rolling pin to prepare them. Prepare all of the kachoris in the same manner. Set aside after brushing them with melted ghee on top.
How to Make Air-Fried Kachoris
- Preheat the Air Fryer for 5 minutes at 360°F. Insert the Air Fryer Parchment Paper into the air fryer basket. Place 3 kachoris in the air fryer at a time.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes in the air fryer.
- Flip them every 5 minutes and brush with melted ghee or cooking oil in between. It will give them a lovely color and prevent them from drying out while air frying. This is a critical step. In my Philips air fryer, my kachoris were ready in 16-17 minutes.
Nutritional information for air fryer kachori
- Calories: 143kcal
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Calcium: 18mg
Time and Servings
- Total Time: 60 mins
- Servings : 3
Questions and Answers about Air Fryer Kachori Recipe
Which flour is kachori made of?
Whole Grain Flour Whole Wheat Flour (Gehun Ka Atta) and Vegetable Oil are required for the kachori dough (Flavorless Refined Oil), Cold water, and salt.
What is the difference between kachori and Puri?
Khasta poori and khasta kachori are both deep-fried and have the same crisp, flaky texture. Khasta kachori, on the other hand, is packed with a lentil mixture, whilst khasta poori is just rolled plain with no filling.
What is kachori called in English?
a puri packed with spicy lentils, potatoes, or beans (in Indian cookery)