Snap peas in the air fryer are a quick, simple, and healthful side dish. This is a great side dish to serve with your summer dinners when fresh snap peas are plentiful and inexpensive.
I enjoy dishes I can prepare quickly and feel good about providing for my family. These roasted snap peas are a delightful, healthful side dish that comes together quickly.
This simple recipe yields crisp and tender snap peas with only three ingredients. When you need something quick and nutritious, they are ideal.
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas (about 250g)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs (optional)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Sesame seeds
How to cook Snap Peas in an air fryer
- Each pea pod’s stem end and string should be removed and discarded. Then, in a colander, rinse and drain.
- Line the fryer basket with a grill mat or a layer of lightly oiled aluminum foil.
- Toss the snap peas with olive oil, panko breadcrumbs, half of the parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Place the snap pea mixture in the fryer basket and air fry for 4 minutes at 360F.
- Stir in the minced garlic, then air fried for another 4-5 minutes at 360F (180C).
- To serve, top with the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Author: Cayla
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Calories: 78kcal
- Protein: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 131mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 3g
- Vitamin A: 665IU
- Vitamin C: 35mg
- Calcium: 112mg
How do I cook baby snap peas?
Before offering entire pods to your infant, wait till he or she is 18 months old and has some teeth. Even yet, if the inside peas are consumed, they can pose a choking hazard. To reduce the danger, squeeze the pod to shatter the peas (while still serving them whole) or slice the pods.
How do you season raw snap peas?
Season the sugar snap peas with salt and pepper. Other ingredients, like thyme and garlic powder, can be added. As you sprinkle the spices on the sugar snap peas, try to coat them evenly.
Are snap peas a healthy snack?
Snap peas are high in vitamin K, which helps maintain your skeletal system’s strength.
Vitamin K aids in the processing of calcium and its incorporation into bone cells. This can aid in the prevention of bone disorders such as osteoporosis and bone fractures.
Why are my sugar snap peas tough?
When snap pea pods grow overly ripe, they will naturally turn woody or tough (late Spring for most County gardeners, a little later in West County). This is a frequent issue.
You should pick them as soon as the peas are ready. Waiting slightly longer risks producing harder, woody pods.