Yuca is widely used in Haitian cuisine, as well as in the Caribbean and areas of Latin America. You can make these ultra-crispy fries in minutes with just a modest quantity of olive oil! Making them in the air fryer reduces fat and calories while maintaining flavor.
These Air Fryer Yuca Fries, also known as cassava fries, are crisp, creamy, and perfectly seasoned.
With these step-by-step instructions, you’ll discover how to produce incredibly crispy and outrageously yummy fried yuca in the fantastic air fryer.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Yuca Recipe
- 1 pound yuca root raw
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or any neutral tasting oil with a high smoking point
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
How to air fry yuca/cassava
- Cut off both ends of the yuca root and remove the outer peel with a very sharp knife
- Make 3-4 inch stick-shaped chunks out of the meat. As you chop the pieces, please place them in a dish of water.
- Bring 6 cups of salted water to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan. Then add the prepped yuca and cook until it is fork tender.
- Depending on the size of your fries, this should take roughly 10-15 minutes.
- Drain and blot the boiling yuca dry with a paper towel.
- Toss the yuca with the oil and dry spices in a large mixing dish until evenly covered.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the yuca fries in the air fryer basket in a single layer and set the timer for 15 minutes.
- Toss the fries with tongues every few minutes to obtain a golden brown crisp on all sides.
- Remove the fries from the air fryer and stir with additional seasoning to taste after the outside is nice and crispy.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce or a sprinkling of fresh parsley.
- Prep Time10 Mins
- Cook Time15 Mins
- Total Time25 Mins
- Servings 2 People
- Calories 518 Kcal
Nutrition Facts of Air Fryer Yuca Fries
- Serving: 2People
- Calories: 518kcal
- Protein: 7g
- Fat: 28g
- Vitamin C: 4mg
- Calcium: 3mg
- Iron: 3mg
How long to cook yuca in air fryer?
Preheat the air fryer to 375°F (190°C) to precisely cook the yuca. Then, for 12 to 15 minutes, air fried until crisp. You must boil them before placing them in the air fryer—boil for 10 to 15 minutes, or until they can be readily pierced with a fork.
Is fried yuca healthy?
Yes, fried yuca is healthy. It has minimal cholesterol, saturated fat, and salt, and is an excellent source of magnesium, potassium, Vitamin C, and fiber in its raw form. It is also gluten-free by nature.
Is yucca better for you than potatoes?
Yucca is a fat-free, gluten-free root vegetable with a brown outer covering and a white inside. Yucca has more vitamins C, B, and A, as well as calcium, phosphorus, potassium, and iron, and it has more fiber and potassium than potatoes.
Why is yucca poisonous?
Yucca, although being one of the most widely used carbohydrates on the planet, is severely deadly when taken raw due to the presence of cyanogenic glucosides, which cause the production of hydrogen cyanide.
What is the difference between Yucca and Yuca?
The main difference between Yucca and Yuca is that Yucca is the root of the Cassava plant, whereas Yucca is a desert plant native to the southern United States.
While the names Yuca (pronounced YOO-ka) and Yucca (pronounced YUHK-a) are similar, they are not interchangeable. Yuca is the starchy, edible tuber of the cassava plant, whereas Yucca is a plant genus in the Asparagaceae family.