What is the Baingan Bharta recipe?
Baingan Bharta is a tasty, tangy, and spicy meal cooked with minced roasted eggplant, onions, tomatoes, and spices. It is a popular vegetarian meal.
The smokey tastes of eggplant, when roasted to perfection, are the dish’s distinguishing attribute.
Learn how to prepare restaurant-style baingan bharta by air-frying the eggplants.
- Baingan/ aubergine/ eggplant – 1
- Onion – 1 (medium-sized, chopped finely)
- Tomato – 1 (large, chopped finely)
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander leaves/ Cilantro – 1 tbsp
- Green chilli – 1 (chopped finely)
- Ginger and garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ to 1 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds/ Jeera – ½ tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp (for eggplant)
How to make baingan bharta recipe air fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Clean the eggplant/baingan. Wipe the baingan/aubergine clean, then coat with oil and wrap in aluminium foil. Wrap the fool in a teaspoon of oil. Place it in the air fryer basket and cook for 30 minutes, flipping once after 15 minutes. So 15 minutes plus 15 minutes equals 30 minutes of air frying.
- Remove the baingan from the air fryer with tongs after 30 minutes since it will be quite hot. Remove the foil and poke the eggplant with a fork to see whether it’s thoroughly cooked. If so, remove the skin, and it will simply fall out when you pull it.
- Place the roasted eggplant in a basin and mash it well with a fork; the scent will be quite appealing, I promise.
- In a Kadai/pan, heat ghee and add cumin seeds. When they crackle, add chopped onion and chopped green chile. Cook thoroughly. When the onions appear to be sautéed, add the ginger and garlic mixture and continue to sauté.
- Add chopped tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and red chilli powder once the raw smell of the ginger garlic paste has gone away. Cook the tomatoes over medium heat, stirring often.
- When the tomatoes have softened and become mushy, add the mashed baingan/ eggplant. Allow everything to incorporate after thoroughly mixing after a minute. When everything appears to be blended, top with chopped cilantro/coriander leaves. It goes well with roti.
Time and Serves
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Serves: 2
- Calories: 180
- Fat: 5g – 8%
- Sodium: 304 mg
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Protein: 6g
Answers to frequently asked questions about baingan bharta recipe air fryer
Can you put eggplant in air fryer?
Place the eggplant in the basket of the Air Fryer. Cook for 20 minutes at 375°F, shaking halfway through. That’s all! You’re on your way to eating delicious, tasty Air Fryer Eggplant with just a few simple steps.
Does baingan bharta freeze well?
BAINGAN BHARTA May BE FREEZED – Yes, you can freeze baingan bharta for up to a month. If you wish to freeze the Bharata, leave off the raw veggies like green onions, green garlic, and cilantro.
Is baingan bharta healthy?
Yes, Baingan Bharta is quite nutritious.
Brinjal, onions, tomatoes, a little fat, and Indian spices are used to make this dish. Let’s look at what’s great about baingan bharta. Baingan (brinjal): Brinjal, for example, has a low GI and is beneficial for weight loss. Brinjals are an excellent source of fibre.