Begedil is a Malay snack that I grew up with and like. What is there not to love about deep-fried potato patties? This kid-friendly dish is air fried, making it healthier, and includes minced beef.
Here’s a quick recipe. I hope you and your child enjoy it as much as I do!
Ingredients for begedil recipe air fryer
- 1⁄2 kg potato, peeled, washed, and cut into circles
- 1⁄2 cup fried shallots
- 1 bunch of spring onion, chopped finely
- egg, beaten, and used for coating purposes before deep drying (at least 2)
- half bunch of cilantro, chopped finely
- white pepper
- black pepper
- enough oil (for frying)
Begedil recipe air fryer step-by-step instructions
- Most people cook the potatoes in oil, then drain and mash them in a dry basin.
- However, boiling is a healthy option that I have used several times. Either way, it works.
- Mix in all of the chopped ingredients, including the shallots.
- Season thoroughly and roll into medium-sized balls with your palms before flattening.
- Begedil should be coated in beaten eggs and fried till gently browned.
Begedil recipe air fryer Nutritional information
- Calories: 96.2
- Sodium 7.5 mg
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Protein 2.5 g
Time and Serving
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Serving Size: 1 (91) g
- Servings Per Recipe: 4
Frequently asked questions about begedil recipe air fryer
How do you deep fry begedil?
One egg, cracked and beaten with a fork in a separate small bowl Dip the begedil in the beaten egg and carefully set it in the heated oil. Deep-fry 2–3 begedil at a time for 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Place the deep-fried begedil on a paper towel-lined dish to drain excess oil.
How to cook beignets in an air fryer?
Air fryer beignets are golden brown and coated with powdered sugar as they cool on a rack. Preheat the air fryer to 370°F (185 degrees C). Nonstick cooking sprays a silicone egg-bite mold. In a large mixing basin, combine the flour, sugar, water, egg yolk, butter, baking powder, vanilla extract, and salt.