Don’t you hate seeing your marinated grill’s gravy dripping down and creating a mess inside the oven?
Cleaning an oven is messy work, so if you own a suitable tray to pour down your recipe, you will not have to worry about dripping or getting a sudden electric shock.
Of course, you can air fry them in a top-notch countertop air fryer like Vortex Air Fryer Pro.
But, what if I tell you you can get the same result as an air fryer in your convection oven?
Yes, you can improve your food quality by using a good-quality air fryer tray.
After testing the Air Fryer Trays for Oven over the past several weeks, we’re confident that the Gotham Steel Crisper Tray is the best you can buy. It doesn’t compromise on any of its tasks.
But there are other options as well. No 2 on our list is the best value for the money. We also looked at a highly-rated oven tray that you should avoid.
So read the complete unbiased review to know which type of tray is the accurate solution for you.
Top 5 Air Fryer Trays for Oven and 1 to avoid
The best air fryer tray for the oven fits your oven perfectly. Many styles and sizes of air fryers, convection, and toaster ovens, are available. So finding a suitable tray for your oven can take time and consistent effort.
Air fryer trays for the oven are used for cooking food in an air fryer. They are designed to circulate hot air evenly around the food, allowing it to cook quickly and evenly. Air fryer trays come in various sizes and shapes, so you can choose the one that best fits your needs.
Here are our top picks for the best Air Fryer Tray for Oven.
1. Gotham Steel 2 Piece Nonstick Copper Crisper Tray & Basket
After unpacking it from its box, you may be taken aback by the stunning copper finish. It’s all for the show. The Gotham Steel Crisper Tray Oven’s brilliance is in how it works.
This gadget, which consists of an air fryer basket and tray, allows you to enjoy fried delicacies without using a lot of oil and parchment paper. How does it function?
The air fry basket is 13 by 11 inches and sits on top of a detachable tray that measures 14 x 12 inches. The tray is made of solid aluminum that has been coated with a ceramic and titanium combination to give nonstick qualities.
As a result, any food that falls onto its surface may be quickly wiped away. The air fryer basket is there so that any food placed on it does not come into touch with the tray below.
This allows any oven heat to surround the food and crisp it similarly. Frozen meals, frozen pizza, french fries, and frozen finger foods come out browner and crisper in your convection oven. Thanks to the Gotham Steel Nonstick Air Fryer Basket. As if you were using a Cuisinart TOB-260N1
- It allows you to cook with little to no oil or butter.
- The air fry tray and basket are both made of nonstick material.
- Made of strong aluminum
- It can be used in both convection and conventional ovens.
- You may use the tray as a baking sheet on its own.
- A large family may not be able to use it because it is too small
- Don’t overload the basket with food
2. Copper Crisper Tray Non-Stick Oven Baking Tray with Elevated Mesh Crisping Grill Basket
You may enjoy the healthy fried food you prepared in a full-size oven with the WHG Upgraded Copper Crisper.
It is stronger than other air fryer trays and costs much less than a typical air fryer since it is made of high-quality carbon steel covered in a nonstick substance.
The raised basket allows heat to flow throughout all meal parts put on it. It results in speedier and more equal cooking of the meal.
You don’t need to use as much oil or butter for cooking the food as you would with a traditional air fryer model with the Upgraded Copper Crisper.
In rare circumstances, you may discover that no oil is required.
- The elevated basket allows heat to flow evenly throughout the meal.
- There is no need to turn the meal over throughout the cooking procedure to get a golden brown finish.
- Fried foods require little or no oil to prepare.
- Hand or dishwasher cleaning is possible.
- The nonstick surface may erode fast.
- Because it is tiny, it may not be suited for cooking larger amounts at the same time.
3. Chef Pomodoro Copper Crisper Air Fryer Tray for Oven
This Copper Crisper Tray comes with an elevated nonstick-coated mesh crisping tray that cooks food evenly on both sides at the same time.
When using this to cook food in a convection oven, you only need a small amount of oil, but it also keeps food from adhering to the tray below.
This set’s tray is made of the same nonstick material as the crisping tray. It will collect any drippings, fat, or crumbs that fall off the meal while it is cooking.
All of this contributes to a cleaner oven, with the added benefit of allowing you to operate it on its own.
You may use the basket on your outside grill in addition to using it in a conventional or convection oven. Using such equipment to prepare foods such as corn on the cob, peppers, and other vegetables is fantastic.
- It allows you to cook fried foods in an oven with little or no oil.
- Heat travels over all of the food at the same time thanks to air vents in the mesh basket.
- The cookie tray will catch anything that falls from the meal while it cooks, keeping your oven clean.
- Ideal for preparing small amounts of food
- Food may not taste as well as it would if you used an air fryer.
- This set does not contain any copper.
- Cleaning must be done with caution since the nonstick coating might erode fast.
4. EaZy MealZ Crisping Basket & Tray Set for Even Cooking
This is a great option if you want to eat more nutritious crispy fried food but don’t have the money to buy an air fryer.
The EaZy MealZ Perfectly Crisp air fryer tray functions similarly to an air fryer; however, it is used in the oven. This two-piece set allows heat to flow around the food put on it, eliminating the need to turn it over to ensure equal cooking.
This set’s basket and cookie sheet are coated with a nonstick ceramic coating, making it simple to keep this kitchen equipment clean.
If you prefer, you may wash it in the dishwasher rather than by hand.
Furthermore, the materials used to construct this air fryer alternative are environmentally beneficial.
- Designed for frying meals with minimal or no cooking oils or butter.
- Because of the nonstick coating, it is simple to clean.
- Every layer of food is lifted off the tray to ensure that it cooks evenly on all sides.
- Dishwasher friendly
- The basket is small enough to fit comfortably into a Cuisinart or Philips Air Fryer.
- Because the basket may not have enough area to cook huge amounts, it is not recommended for a large household.
- You must soak the tray in water before using it.
5. EaZy MealZ Texas Crisper Oven Crisping Tray
Because it allows hot air to flow entirely, the Texas Crisper Oven Air Fryer Crisping tray set from EaZy MealZ helps you to cook food evenly.
You may use it in the same way as any other popular air fryer, but instead in a convection oven. You may also use it in a regular oven, although cooking from scratch takes longer.
This air fryer tray set for the oven, like traditional air fryer models, allows you to prepare fried food with little or no oil. The tray with the basket is also nonstick and will collect any frying oils or food bits that fall throughout the cooking process. This helps to guarantee that you don’t have to spend hours cleaning your oven.
The basket’s distinct wave shape keeps any food placed on it separate.
This allows air to circulate the food during baking, and cooking french fries resulting in more evenly cooked food.
- The crisper basket is meant to distribute heat throughout the meal.
- The tray and basket have a nonstick coating that prevents food from adhering to them.
- Equipment with a nonstick coating is easy to clean.
- The tray collects any oil that spills from the dish, allowing you to enjoy food in a healthy way
- Hassle-free cleaning
- It is not ideal for feeding many people at once.
- You must be careful while washing this set; otherwise, the nonstick coating may begin to disintegrate.
6. Nordic Ware Extra Large Oven Crisping Baking Tray with Rack (Not Recommended)
The body frame of this new type of tray is made of aluminum and carbon steel, which makes it strong.
It can handle heat up to 400°C, making making french fries, air fryer chicken wings, and other things easy.
I don’t think you should put this Nordic tray in the dishwasher. You can clean it with just regular soap and water.
We used this item to air fry in our regular oven, so we don’t have a splatter guard. If you want to use this for air frying, remember that airflow is very important and that blocking it could change the cooking time and/or the quality of the food.
The only problem is that the spaces between the wire rack are too big. Things like fries can easily fall through the wire grid and land on the floor. So that doesn’t happen, the wires on the rack should be a little closer together.
We hope you found the information we gave above useful. We will now look at why having such equipment in your kitchen is healthier when your family wishes to eat fried cuisine.
- Sound performance and robust build.
- Affordable price range.
- Not dishwasher safe
- The wire rack’s gaps are excessively wide
How Does An Air Fryer Tray for Oven Work?
These sets can air frying in the same way as the Cosori Pro Air Fryer or the Philips Air Fryer.
Instead, put them in the oven and let the heat flow all over the meal while it cooks. It will provide the same or comparable results as if you were cooking the meal in a deep fryer..
What Cookware is Best When Air Frying in an Oven?
Choose an air fryer tray set with a nonstick coating and the ability to spread out the food in the basket.
It is also critical that the basket does not touch the baking tray surface directly. If it does, air will not circulate each item of food.
Also, avoid any air frying sets that come with perforated trays in a convection oven. Cooking oils and crumbs that fall off the food as it cooks will still end up on the bottom of your oven.
This implies you’ll have to clean the air frying tray set and the oven.
Things to Remember When You Use an Air Fryer Rack Set
When utilizing this equipment in ordinary ovens, keep a few things in mind to help you prepare excellent nutritious meals.
Cooking Times May Vary From the Conventional Air Fryer Option
You may discover that the food has to cook for longer and at a greater temperature than if you used a digital air fryer.
Read Instructions for Cooking Pre-Prepared Food
Cooking prepackaged food in a conventional oven requires following the directions on the package. You can, however, throw the meal in the oven before it has heated up if you choose.
Choose the Right Position in the Oven for the Tray
Choose an oven or gas range location for this set that places the meal in the middle, allowing optimal heat distribution.
When cooking bigger portions of food, such as fresh chicken wings, you may discover that you need to place them on a lower shelf.
Take Care When Cleaning Your Air Fryer Tray for Oven
It is critical to clean the air fryer rack and tray after each usage.
Although many may be cleaned in a dishwasher, you may find that hand cleaning is preferable.
Use warm water with some detergent added. Scrubbing with a scouring pad is not recommended. Instead, immerse the tray and basket for a few minutes to remove any oil or food attached to them. This will keep any nonstick coatings from being removed.
How to stop grease splatter when frying?
When the heated oil begins to boil, add a pinch of flour or salt. These two components absorb moisture from food, keeping it from splashing. Add coarse salt or flour to the pan’s bottom before cooking the oil to avoid spilling oil in the kitchen while frying. Pour only a small amount, and you will see that the oil splattering will stop!
Final Verdict on Best Air Fryer Tray For Oven Use
The 6 oven trays we’ve covered above is an excellent alternative for anyone who wants to eat healthy fried food but doesn’t want to spend money on an air fryer.
A single air fryer tray might make your life much easier than several trays. Because these trays are particularly made for the oven, they can easily maintain airflow, ensuring that your food is uniformly cooked.
In our opinion, Gotham Steel Crisper Tray For Oven is, without a doubt the best you can get. Copper Crisper Tray is the best budget option($12 cheaper than Gotham) for crispy results. And Nordic Extra Large Baking Tray should be avoided due to the large wire rack gaps.
These gadgets are significantly more inexpensive, as well as cooking meals uniformly and without much oil.
If you decide to utilize an air fryer tray for the oven after reading this article, please let us know in the comments section.