Using the Air Fryer for Bhindi allows you to enjoy this popular appetizer, side dish, and snack whenever you want!
The finger-licking light and extremely crispy coating are gluten-free and high in protein, thanks to rice and gram flours. The solid texture of bhindi is ideal for coating and air frying.
- ½ pound okra
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoons oil
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons gram flour besan
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 teaspoon carom seeds ajwain seeds
- ½ lemon cut into wedges for serving
Bhindi Air Fryer / Okra Fry Recipe Instructions
- Except for the Okra, combine all ingredients with 1 tablespoon of oil. Stir well. Mix in the Okra well.
- When ready to cook, rub the leftover oil in the air fryer basket.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F for 5 minutes.
- Once warmed, place the Okra in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Drizzle with any leftover oil.
- Air fry for 9 minutes at 350°F. Toss and cook for another 4 minutes at 380°F. If you don’t want it too crispy, cut it down to 2 minutes instead of 4.
- When the Okra is cooked, please remove it from the air fryer and serve it.
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Total: 20 mins
- Servings: 2
- Yield: 2 servings
Nutrition Facts For
- Calories: 118kcal
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 172mg
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 8g
Faqs Bhindi Recipe
How can I make sure bhindi is not slimy?
This is the greatest method for ensuring that your Okra is not slimy after the cooking procedure. Add a souring agent of choice or based on your recipe within 5-10 minutes after adding the Okra to the pan. Lemon juice, vinegar, amchoor (raw mango powder), or even tamarind might be used.
How do I stop my bhindi from being slimy?
This is the greatest method for ensuring that your Okra is not slimy after the cooking procedure. Add a souring agent of choice or based on the recipe you chose within 5-10 minutes after putting the Okra to the pan. Lemon juice, vinegar, amchoor (raw mango powder), or even tamarind might be used.