This air fryer blackened salmon recipe is the ideal way to liven up your weekday supper. It’s incredibly simple to make and cook in no time. Serve with your favourite vegetable for a nutritious and tasty low-carb supper.
Air Fryer Blackened Salmon -Look no farther than blackened salmon for a healthy, quick, and flavorful seafood dish to create in your air fryer! This dish is easy to make and only takes around 20 minutes from start to finish.
Furthermore, the end product is a tasty and crispy piece of salmon that is suitable for any occasion. So, what are you holding out for? Try some charred salmon today!
Ingredient for blackened salmon
- Two salmon filets (6-8 oz each)
- One teaspoon salt
- One teaspoon of chilli powder
- One teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Avocado Oil Spray
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 Lemon
How to cook air fryer blackened salmon
- To make the spice combination, put all of the spices in a small mixing dish.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dry the salmon with a paper towel and thoroughly season with the spice mixture.
- Place the salmon skin side down in the air fryer basket and spray with avocado oil. Lightly spray the top of the fish as well.
- Cook for 8 minutes, then check for doneness if the fish is dry. The internal temperature should be 145°F, and the meat should flake readily with a fork.
- Depending on the size of the filet, cooking time might range from 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the air fryer basket after it is done, so it does not continue to cook.
- Squeeze some lemon juice over the top and serve!
If you are looking for an appetizer or snack, try our Salmon Nuggets recipe. Air Fryer Salmon Bites with a delicious, creamy garlic sauce are ready in about 15 minutes. You’ll enjoy how tasty and easy it is!
Time & Servings
- Total Time: 20 min
- Servings: 2-3
Nutrition Facts for blackened salmon recipe
- Calories: 259 kcal
- Protein: 35 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fibre: 1 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 94 mg
- Sodium: 1256 mg
- Potassium: 923 mg
- Iron: 2 mg
- Calcium: 35 mg
What is the best way to cook air-fried salmon?
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Season each fillet with garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper after rubbing with olive oil. Place the salmon in the air fryer and cook for 7-9 minutes, depending on its thickness. Please keep in mind that the time will vary depending on the air fryer.
Can I cook salmon on a plank in the air fryer?
Preheat your air fryer to 400°F on the air fryer setting. Then, set your plank on top of the air fryer, followed by the salmon. If you don’t have a plank, simply place the salmon in the air fryer basket or tray. Air fry for 5 minutes, then brush with extra butter.
Can you air fry frozen salmon?
Preheat the air fryer to 390°F for the frozen fish. Cook frozen salmon skin side down in the air fryer basket for 7 minutes, or until defrosted.