You hear about beef jerky and turkey jerky, but what about chicken jerky?
It tastes AMAZING but is not as widely available or manufactured as its peers. Let’s fix that; this protein-rich superfood is just what you require in your life.
Is it possible to create jerky in an air fryer? Why not! This air fryer spicy chicken jerky recipe is seasoned with mojo criollo marinade and Cajun spice. Make this spicy snack ahead of time since the chicken requires time to marinade and air-fry.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 tablespoon Sriracha
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- smoked paprika 1 teaspoon
how to Dehydrate Chicken in Air Fryer
- Except for the chicken, combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Fill a big resealable plastic bag halfway with the mixture.
- Rub the chicken in the bag to coat it. Marinate for 4 to 6 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and set it aside.
- Take the crisper plate out of the basket. Place half of the sliced meat in a single layer on the bottom of the basket. On top of the meat, place the crisper plate. Place the rest of the meat on a crisper platter.
- Place the basket in the unit. Choose DEHYDRATE, set the temperature to 150°F, and set the timer for 6 hours. To begin, select START/STOP. Check after 4 hours and continue to cook until desired texture is achieved.
- When the jerky is done, take it from the pan and store it in an airtight container.
Time & servings
- Total Time: 6 Hour
- Calories 54
- Carbohydrates 0.4g
- Protein 9.8g
- Fat 1.2g
- Cholesterol 26.8mg
- Sodium 181.3mg
Common Questions and Answers
Is it safe to dehydrate raw chicken?
Yes, chicken may be dehydrated for long-term preservation or as a lightweight, shelf-stable solution for backpacking meals. Dehydrating chicken, like dehydrating everything else, is not difficult but does take time. Avoid baked or fried chicken. Dehydrating baked or fried chicken may become tough and difficult to consume when rehydrated.
Can I dehydrate chicken in my air fryer?
The heated air circulating in the air fryer aids in the dehydration of the chicken. Set the oven to 220°F for 1½ hours. Then, flip them over and continue to air-fry at 220°F for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on how thickly you cut the chicken.
How long does it take to dehydrate jerky in a air fryer?
Approximately 2-3 hours. Jerky must be cooked gradually and carefully. Preheat your air fryer to 210°F (100°C) and cook the jerky for around 2-3 hours. Eliminate the meat and blot it dry with a paper towel to remove extra moisture before placing it in the air fryer basket.
For uniform cooking/dehydrating, do not overlap the pieces. Low temperatures allow the liquid in the beef to evaporate before the beef strips start to burn.
Is Airfryer healthier than oven?
While air fryers are unquestionably better than deep fat fryers, they aren’t necessarily healthier than ordinary ovens. While they only require a small amount of oil, it can flow through holes in the basket, ensuring that the food isn’t swimming in oil or self-produced fat.
Both air frying and baking operate by subjecting food to higher temperatures. Air fryers circulate hot air around the meal, whereas ovens direct heat from at least one, and occasionally two, directions. So, in terms of healthfulness, both procedures are roughly equivalent.