Chicken Kiev is not something you make on the spur of the moment, but it is well worth the effort. It’s crispy on the exterior, and the butter combination flavors the chicken throughout while still leaving a buttery pop when you cut it open. Traditionally, it is deep-fried before baking, but this recipe skips that step and cooks it entirely in the air fryer, making it a healthier and faster option.
Air Fryer Chicken Kiev is a quick and easy chicken dish that can be made in your Air Fryer. There is nothing better than a quick and tasty chicken supper for dinner!
If you’ve ever bought frozen Chicken Kieve from your freezer case, trust me when I say this one is far superior. Tender and juicy, you can really stuff it with whatever fillings you choose.
Today, I used typical spinach and cheese, but there are so many other possibilities that work well here, and the next one I’ll attempt is broccoli and cheese. Oh, that sounds delicious!
Ingredients Of Chicken Kiev Recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 sheets of plastic wrap
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
How to Make Chicken Kiev Recipe in a Air Fryer
- Mix butter, parsley, spinach, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Divide the butter into two parts and store in the freezer until completely frozen.
- Then, using a meat mallet, pound the chicken breasts until they are approximately 1/2 inch thick. 1 packet herb butter, placed in the center of the chicken breast
- Wrap the butter around the chicken. Wrap the chicken in plastic wrap and store it in the freezer until it is completely frozen. (Approximately 20 to 30 minutes)
- Set up your dredging stations in the freezer when the chicken is done. Whisk the eggs in a separate basin. Mix the bread crumbs in a separate bowl.
- Place the chicken in the egg mixture, then in the bread crumbs.
- Place the chicken in the air fryer basket as you coat it. Preheat the air fryer to 370°F for 10 minutes, turning the chicken halfway through.
- Before removing the chicken, use a meat thermometer to check its internal temperature. The interior temperature should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Nutrition Fact For Air Fryer Chicken Kiev
- Calories: 865
- Total Fat: 56g
- Saturated Fat: 32g
- Trans Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 19g
- Cholesterol: 317mg
- Sodium: 2015mg
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 49g
Can you cook Kievs in an air fryer?
Preheat the air fryer to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
It will take around 5 minutes to heat up. Fill the air fryer basket halfway with frozen chicken kievs and gently cover with cooking oil. Cook for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and an internal temperature of 75°C (170°F) is reached.
How long should I cook a chicken kiev for?
Place the Kievs on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper.
Apply a light coat of olive oil. Once the oven is hot, place the Kievs in it and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Why is it called chicken Kiev?
William Safire coined the term “Chicken Kiev” to refer to a speech delivered in Kyiv in August 1991 by then-US President George H. W. Bush warning Ukrainians against “suicidal nationalism.”