If you like Fried Chile Rellenos, you’ll enjoy this air fryer version. It’s simple to prepare and the results are fantastic. The best part is that there is very little cleaning. So turn on your air fryer and attempt this recipe. You will not be let down.
It’s always a challenge to discover quick and easy methods to prepare nutritious meals for your family. I’m so thrilled with my new kitchen gadget, the air fryer.
Air frying is a quick and simple method to prepare your favorite recipes without all of the fuss. Chile Rellenos are generally cooked in oil, which makes them extremely unhealthy. With an air fryer, you can enjoy the same great flavor without all of the fat.
Ingredients For Chili Rellenos Recipe
- 3 large poblano peppers
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn, canned (drained) or frozen (thawed and drained)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese, cheddar, or Mexican
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Optional Garnishes: Sour Cream, Salsa, Red Chile Sauce, Guacamole, Tomatoes, etc
How to cook chile rellenos in air fryer
- To begin, char the peppers. Place them in the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 400 degrees F, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes on the air fryer setting—flip the hallway throughout the cooking cycle
- Allow them to cool somewhat.
- Then combine the corn kernels, scallions, cilantro, parsley, salt, black pepper, sour cream, and cheese in a medium-sized mixing dish.
- Cut the roasted poblano pepper along the center with a sharp knife.
- If desired, remove the poblano seeds.
- Fill the poblano pepper with the filling.
- Place the stuffed peppers in the Air Fryer Basket and cook for 8 to 10 minutes at 400°F on the air fryer setting.
- Serve with more cheese, sour cream, red chile sauce, and other garnishes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Course: Main Courses
- Cuisine: American, Mexican
- Servings: 3
Nutrition Fact of air fried chile rellenos
- Calories: 394kcal
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Protein: 14g
- Fat: 29g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 6g
What is the first step in making a Relleno?
To begin, roast poblano peppers and prepare a cheesy stuffing. After that, fill the peppers and coat them in an egg batter. Then, cook the peppers till golden brown and crisp. Serve the chiles Rellenos alongside your favorite warmed salsa.
Can I put chile Poblano in the air fryer?
Yes. Poblano peppers roast readily in the air fryer and brown nicely, exactly like they would on the stove or in the oven. Air frying brings out their deep, earthy tastes while softening them and making them easier to eat.
Can chile rellenos be done in air fryer?
Yes. An air fryer recipe that takes 40 minutes from start to finish. Easy Char the peppers, load with a tasty filling, cook, and sprinkle with sauce
Can I Broil poblano peppers in an air fryer?
Yes. Spray the peppers lightly with oil and throw them in the air fryer basket. Set your air fryer to the maximum setting and the timer to 6 minutes. Set the timer for 6 minutes again after turning the peppers. Continue rotating and frying at the highest heat until the peppers are blackened on both sides.
What is the difference between chile Poblano and chile relleno?
The main difference between a Chile Relleno and a chile poblano is that the former is a recipe for a Mexican entrée, while the latter is simply a fresh poblano chile pepper, a large, relatively mild chili pepper with a rich green hue.