Crispy Pata recipe air fryer is a classic Filipino meal that consists of soft boiled pig leg that has been deep-fried till golden and crispy.
Crispy Pata is simple to make but requires time. It is cooked, then chilled for hours before being deep-fried.
It is a Filipino delicacy created from the hock to the trotters of a hog leg. It is traditionally prepared deep-fried, although it may also be baked. As the name says, the major goal is to have crispy skin.
Because this meal takes some time to prepare, it is generally kept for special events or holidays.
Ingredients for crispy pata recipe air fryer
- 1 piece whole pork hock pata
- 3 pieces of dried bay leaves
- 2 pieces star anise
- 1 piece of onion wedged
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp of white vinegar
- 1 tbsp. whole peppercorn
- 3 tbsp oil for cooking
- To taste, season with salt and black pepper.
Step-by-step instructions for crispy pata air fryer
- In a large cooking saucepan, combine the pork hock, garlic, bay leaves, star anise, whole peppercorn, onion, and salt. Fill the pan with water until the pork hocks are completely immersed. Allow boiling, covered. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 60 to 90 minutes, or until the meat is tender.
- Take the pork hock out of the pot. Allow it to cool. Rub vinegar all over, then season with salt and powdered black pepper. Allow it to dry for at least 6 hours (note: you may also soak it under the sun or dehydrate it in the air fryer for 3 hours).
- Cooking oil should be rubbed all over the pig hock. Place it in an air fryer and cook for 15 minutes at 450°F. Reduce the heat to 350°F and continue air frying for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer and place on a dish to serve. With a spicy vinegar dipping sauce, serve.
- Please share and enjoy!
Nutrition information Air fryer crispy pata recipe
- Calories: 1537kcal
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Protein: 70g
- Fat: 135g
- Calcium: 83mg
- Iron: 6mg
Time and Servings
- Total Time:1Hour 20 Min
Questions and Answers regarding Crispy Pata Recipe Air Fryer
How do you reheat crispy pata in Airfryer?
When reheating crispy dishes, air fryers are fantastic at keeping them, well, crispy. What exactly is this? Turn your air fryer to 350-400 degrees F for 3-4 minutes to reheat leftovers that taste exactly as crispy as the night before.
Can you put aluminum foil in an air fryer?
Because it is not a reactive substance, parchment paper is your best choice for air-frying these meals. It is not as simple to cut and mold as aluminum foil. It is also less prone to cling to food like foil. Otherwise, foil is a good choice for using in the air fryer.
Can I put parchment paper in the air fryer?
Larry Ciufo, the CR test engineer in charge of air fryer testing, advises that while parchment paper may be used inside an air fryer, it is not advised for frequent usage. “It has the ability to restrict 99 percent of the airflow in the fryer,” Ciufo explains.