I love a good Hawaiian pizza Easy Hawaiian pizza recipe! The sweet pineapples create a good taste in contrast to the savory ingredients and bring a lot of freshness to the pizza.
I enjoy preparing Hawaiian pizza at home since I can always use fresh chopped pineapple for the topping. Using fresh pineapples rather than canned pineapples makes a significant difference, believe me! The pineapple pairs well with the deli ham and melty mozzarella cheese.
We love creamy, bubbling Hawaiian pizza! The taste contrast between the sweet pineapples and the salty ham and cheese is wonderful. Today I’m sharing my quick Hawaiian pizza recipe, as well as a simple handmade pizza dough recipe if you want to create everything from scratch!
I understand that many people disagree about pineapple on pizza. I believe it’s a terrific topping, especially when used fresh. It makes all the difference!
If you like Hawaiian pizza, this simple recipe is for you! Cheesy, fresh, and really fantastic. Continue reading for all the information, including how to create your own pizza dough at home!
Toppings for Hawaiian Pizza
This Hawaiian pizza has only three toppings:
I’d prefer using freshly diced pineapples. It tastes much better and fresher than anything canned or frozen! Also, press the pineapple dry well before putting it on the pizza; otherwise, the liquids would pool around the cheese as it bakes, leaving it soggy.
Ham: diced deli ham of your choice.
Oregano: Use dried oregano or Italian seasoning.
Simple and delicious.
Then there’s the pizza sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese, of course. I also created melted garlic butter to brush over the edges of the pan before baking. It definitely brings out the buttery tastes that I enjoy on pizza. Strongly recommended
Variations on the Topping
Aside from those three toppings, I’d suggest the following extras. They all work incredibly well together!
Bacon crumbles: I adore bacon on pizza! The tastes complement each other quite nicely. Simply fry some bacon pieces in a pan and crumble them.
Sliced grilled chicken: Adding sliced grilled chicken to this pizza makes it delicious.
Fresh basil provides both freshness and taste!
If you enjoy onions on your pizza, feel free to add some.
Ingredients for Publix Pizza Dough
TO MAKE THE PIZZA DOUGH:
- One ¾ to 2 ¼ cups (217g-279g) of all-purpose flour
- One envelope (7g) Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast (2 ¼ teaspoons)
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup (158g) of very warm water 120° to 130°F
- Three tablespoons (45ml) of olive oil
TO MAKE THE HAWAIIAN PIZZA:
- ½ to 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounces Canadian bacon or ham diced
- Four strips of bacon cooked and crumbled
- One 8-ounce can of pineapple, drained and diced
Instructions for making an easy Hawaiian pizza
- Heat the oven to 450°F.
- In a large mixing basin, combine 1 cup of flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Pour the oil into the dry ingredients after adding the oil to the water. Stir for 1 minute or until thoroughly combined. Add enough of the remaining flour to create a soft dough.
- The dough should be somewhat sticky and form a ball.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for 4 minutes, adding more flour as needed until smooth and elastic.
- Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Stretch and pat dough into a greased 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet using oiled hands.
- Spread pizza sauce on top. Serve with cheese on top. Top with Canadian bacon, bacon, and pineapple.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and the crust is browned, on the bottom oven rack.
- Allow it cool for about a minute before slicing and serving.
Hawaiian Pizza Recipe Nutritional Facts
- 350 Calories
- 12g Total Fat
- 22g Protein
- 38g Total Carbohydrate
- 3g Sugars
Time and Serving
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Serving: 1 slice
- Yield: 8 slices
Frequently Asked Questions about Easy Hawaiian Pizza Recipe
What is on a traditional Hawaiian pizza?
Pizza sauce, cheese, cooked ham, and pineapple make up the classic Hawaiian pizza.
What is the main fruit ingredient of a Hawaiian pizza?
Hawaiian pizza combines sweet and savory tastes, with salty bacon and juicy pineapple piled on top of a crispy crust.
Why is Hawaiian pizza controversial?
One of the major issues is that pineapple defies convention – that fruit, aside from tomatoes, has no place on a pizza. Iceland’s president, Gudni Thorlacius Johannesson, made a minor international scandal when he joked with schoolchildren that if given a chance, he would outlaw pineapple on pizza.