Gobi manchurian recipe air fryer cauliflower Manchurian is a classic Indo-Chinese cuisine that consists of golden and crispy fried cauliflower florets in a sweet and spicy Manchurian sauce.
It’s delicious and served as an appetizer or snack. When cooked with gravy, it can also be served as a side dish with fried rice/noodles.
Gobi Manchurian is one of the most delectable Indo-Chinese dishes ever. With its outstanding flavor and textures, this opulent Indo-Chinese cuisine is sure to lift up your taste buds.
Consider tucking into a delightful tray bursting with the fragrances of sizzling and crispy golden cauliflower florets tossed in a spicy and sweet sauce. Isn’t it delectable? Gobi Manchurian, often known as cauliflower Manchurian, is all about flavor.
Ingredients for Air Fried Cauliflower Manchurian
To make the batter
- 1 medium cauliflower, peeled and chopped into tiny florets
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ to ¾ cup water Salt and pepper to taste
To make the Manchurian Sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil or other oil
- 1 chopped white onion
- 4-5 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons spring greens
- ½ finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chilli sauce or other spicy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- ½-1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon corn flour dissolved in 4 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons Spring Greens for garnish
Step-by-step directions for making gobi Manchurian in an air fryer
- Wash and chop the cauliflower head into florets. Florets (about 3 cups)
- Whisk together all of the batter mix ingredients in a small mixing dish. The batter mixture should be thick enough to completely coat the florets.
- Dip the cauliflower florets in the butter mixture one at a time, shaking off any excess and placing them on the parchment paper.
- Preheat the Air Fryer for 3 minutes at 400°F (200°C). Remove the air fryer basket and insert the cauliflower florets inside. Return it to the air fryer and cook for 12-14 minutes.
- To ensure consistent cooking, turn the florets halfway through.
- Heat the oil over high heat to make the Manchurian sauce. Sauté the onions, spring onions, garlic, ginger, and green chilies for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the green pepper and celery (if using) for 1 minute.
- Now stir in the sauces: soy sauce, vinegar, chili sauce, and tomato ketchup. To thoroughly combine the sauces, stir them together. Season with salt to taste.
- Add the corn flour slurry to the sauces and cook for 1 minute on high heat. The sauce will thicken as it sits. Turn off the heat.
- Toss the air-fried cauliflower florets in the sauce to coat well.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve immediately.
Time and Servings
- Total Time: 30 min
- Servings: 4
Nutrition facts gobi Manchurian recipe air fryer
- Energy: 542 cal
- Protein: 5.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.5 g
- Fiber: 4.7 g
Frequently Asked Questions About Gobi Manchurian Recipe
What is a Manchurian sauce made of?
Manchurian is a type of Indian Chinese meal produced by roughly cutting and deep-frying items, including cauliflower (gobi), chicken, mutton, prawns, fish, and paneer, sautéing them in a soy sauce-flavored sauce.
Why is my Gobi Manchurian not crispy?
Any moisture in the gobi will cause it to become mushy rather than crisp. On medium heat, heat the oil for deep frying. Meanwhile, combine cornstarch, all-purpose flour, red chili powder, black pepper, and salt in a mixing bowl.
Is Gobi Manchurian good for diet?
The goodness of cauliflower is responsible for all of the Gobi Manchurian benefits. It is high in vitamins and minerals and is a highly healthy vegetable that will help your diet. It has a high fiber content, which relieves stomach discomfort and considerably improves digestion.
Can I eat Gobi Manchurian every day?
They can be gifted, although gobi Manchurian can be prepared at home on occasion. Junk foods should be avoided to the greatest extent feasible. They can be offered on occasion but should not be a regular component of a child’s diet because they are bad for their health and contribute to overweight or obesity, which is a big problem these days.
What are the disadvantages of eating Gobi Manchurian?
They will not be able to utilize high-quality cauliflower. The addition of maize starch and maida raises the calorie count. The insecticides and dyes used are carcinogenic and should not be used by children or adults. MSG is incredibly dangerous for everyone.
What are the side effects of Gobi Manchurian?
According to nutritionists, restaurants, particularly Chinese restaurants and roadside food stalls, have been adding monosodium glutamate (MSG) to improve the flavor of foods such as Gobi Manchurian and fried rice. When these substances are taken in excess, they can cause headaches, stomach distress, excessive perspiration, chest pain, giddiness, and weakening in the body.
Why is Manchurian unhealthy?
Manchurian thorn may be harmful to the liver. Taking Manchurian thorn with medications that may adversely affect the liver increases the risk of liver damage. Avoid consuming Manchurian thorn if you take a prescription that might affect your liver.