What happens when an avocado marries rice? You get Avocado Cilantro Lime Rice (AKA Guacamole Rice). And you can cook it in a Microwave and serve it within 20 minutes.
A creamy side dish to pair with Mexican dinner night or Taco Tuesday. Try this green, light, fresh, and delicious recipe to take regular rice to a new level!
What ingredients do you need to make Microwave Avocado Cilantro Lime Rice?
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon (heaping) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
How do you make Microwave Avocado Cilantro Lime Rice?
- Rice should be prepared using the water specified on the box.
- Mash the avocados in a mixing dish while the rice is cooking. Slice the cilantro.
- While you may chop it by hand, I like using a small food processor.
- Garlic, cumin, and lime juice should all be added to the food processor.
- If a food processor is unavailable, combine these ingredients with the avocados’ cilantro after mashing them.
- To taste, add salt and pepper. When the rice is done, fluff it.
- Mix the rice well after adding the avocado mixture.
- Serve right away.
How do you store leftover Microwave Avocado Cilantro Lime Rice?
Store in the fridge in a closed container for up to two to three days.
What substitutions can you use with Microwave Avocado Cilantro Lime Rice?
Brown rice, jasmine rice, or basmati rice are other acceptable substitutes for Minute rice. Any rice that can be prepared in a microwave can be used.
If you’re like me and don’t like cilantro, you can also substitute parsley for it.
Cooking Time & Yield
- Yield: 8 person
- Prep time: 5 Minutes
- Cook time: 15 Minutes
- Total time: 5 Minutes
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 44mg
- Calories: 133 Total
How do you microwave Vigo cilantro lime rice?
In a 1-1/4 cups microwave safe casserole dish, combine the ingredients of the package, 2-1/4 cups hot tap water, and 1 tbsp butter, margarine, or olive oil. Microwave on High for 3 minutes, covered. Reduce the power to 50% and continue to microwave for 20-22 minutes, or until the majority of the water has been absorbed.
How long to Cook rice in the microwave?
Approximately 10-15 minutes. Remember that rice swells during cooking, so use a large enough container. Microwave on high for 10 minutes, uncovered. Microwave on medium-low for 15 minutes, located. During the cooking procedure, do not stir the rice.
Does Costco sell cilantro lime rice?
Yes. If you’re a Costco member, you can get Ritka’s Organic Cilantro & Lime Rice.
Each package includes six 8-oz pouches, and to prepare them, just cut the top of the bag to allow the rice to vent, microwave for 90 seconds, and fluff the rice when finished. You may have an immediate basis for your next burrito bowl, and the rice also serves as a great side dish with a variety of other supper choices.
Some consumers claim it tastes better than Chipotle’s Famous Cilantro Lime Rice.