Put your hand up if you enjoy southern-style biscuits. With an oven, making biscuits is easy. But what if you only have a microwave?
Let me tell you something: Drop Biscuits can be made in the microwave!
Create buttery, light, and fluffy drop biscuits that are golden brown on the exterior and buttery, light, and soft on the inside. Make these in under 10 minutes!
These drop cookies are really simple to prepare. You’ll want to make them repeatedly once you’ve tried them.
What do you need to make drop biscuits in the microwave?
The ingredients required are a Jiffy biscuit mix and water. That’s all! One package yields around six biscuits.
You may use any other biscuit recipe that only requires water, and the results should be the same.
How do you make drop biscuits in the microwave?
After pouring the mixture into a bowl, I create a well for the water. After adding the water, I just combine the ingredients until they are thoroughly blended. The dough will be sticky, which is OK.
Typically, when preparing drop biscuits, you just drop them by the spoonful onto a cookie sheet, but we don’t have one. Therefore, we will utilize cupcake liners.
Simply take a glob of biscuit dough and fill the cupcake liner to about two-thirds capacity. Due to the fact that they grow in the microwave, they do not overfill.
Next, they are microwaved! The cupcake liners can be placed directly in the microwave if necessary.
- For two to three cookies, heat on high for one minute.
- For four biscuits, heat on high for 1 1/2 minutes.
- For six cookies, microwave on high for two minutes.
- The biscuits will remain completely white and will not brown at all. However, they will be fluffy.
Eat ’em while they’re hot!
I’ve observed that when microwave biscuits grow cold, they get somewhat chewier. Be careful to consume them when they are still hot and fresh from the microwave since they taste best when they are still hot.
I would recommend preparing everything else to be eaten with the biscuits prior to cooking the biscuits.
What do you eat with drop biscuits?
So many items! Here are some ideas:
- Microwaved Sausage Biscuits with sausage patties.
- Bacon Cheese Biscuits, including pieces of cheese and bacon.
- A hearty breakfast consisting of bacon and fluffy scrambled eggs.
- Served on top of chicken soup.
- As a topping for meat stew.
- My preferred method is with butter and jam (or honey).
What may drop biscuits be flavored with?
You may want to add some flavor to those drop biscuits instead of eating them plain. Well, I’ve got you covered, my buddies.
Here are some suggestions for ingredients to add to cookie batter before baking:
- Garlic Cheddar Biscuits: Stir in cheddar cheese shreds and garlic powder.
- To make Cheesy Bacon Biscuits, combine cheddar cheese, bacon, and a pinch or two of dried chives.
- Cranberry Orange Biscuits: Combine dried cranberries and orange zest.
Drop Biscuits Ingredients
- One package of Jiffy Biscuit Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine water and biscuit mix until it forms a sticky dough.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3rd full with dough.
- Microwave for 1 minute for two biscuits,1 1/2 minutes for four biscuits, or 2 minutes for six biscuits.
- Eat immediately.
Yield And Time
- Yield: 6
- Serving Size: 1
- Prep Time: 2 Min
- Cook Time: 2 Min
- Total Time: 4 Min
- Calories: 86
- Total Fat : 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 256mg
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 2g