Moong Dal Pizza recipe is a unique dish I developed to blend my love of pizza with my desire to live a healthier lifestyle. I feel that eating healthily and not starving yourself is the best way to be healthy and fit.
Our family enjoys pizza, but I’m not a big fan of the all-purpose flour that goes into it. I attempt to make healthier versions of any dishes we enjoy. I used moong dal for all-purpose flour in this recipe, making this meal healthier.
So here’s one of the best recipes for boosting immunity and maintaining energy levels throughout the day. A simple yet remarkable recipe for fluffiness and delicate texture on the inside with perfect crispiness on the outside.
This recipe yields a nutritious, tasty, gluten-free keto pizza. You may serve it as a vegan pizza using cashew cheese instead of milk-based cheese.
Ingredients for Dal Pizza:
- 1 cup Moong Dal
- 2 Green Chillies
- Sliced paneer for topping
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped
- 3-4 Tbsp Cheese, grated
- 3-4 Tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- 1 tsp Ginger, grated
- 1 tsp Eno fruit salt
- 1 tsp Pizza seasoning
- Sliced vegetables for topping
How to make Moong Dal Pizza
- Wash and soak the dal for 3–4 hours. Then, blend it into a smooth paste.
- Mix 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon baking soda to the dal.
- 1 tablespoon oil in a wok. When the oil is hot, add the onions and sauté them.
- Mix the tomato, capsicum, sweet corn, green chillies, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the red chilli flakes and oregano and stir thoroughly.
- When a skillet is hot, put a little oil and 1 to 2 layers of moong daal batter in a circular form.
- Keep it a little thick.
- Cook for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, then turn and top with pizza sauce.
- Spread vegetable mixture over it and grate cheese.
- Cover it for 2 min. Or till cheese melts.
- Remove the pizza from the heat and sprinkle with oregano and red chilli flakes. Make it into pieces, And have fun.
- Moong Dal Pizza is ready!!!
Vegan Twist for Moong Dal Pizza Recipe
It already has a gluten-free variant, and to make a vegan one, simply replace the cheese with olive oil or veg oil, and you’ll have your vegan pizza.
I know, it becomes monotonous to eat dal, in the same way, every day, and the quantity of protein required by the body is insufficient in one little bowl of cooked dal.
Vegetarians have few protein sources, and lentils/dals are the greatest way to supplement protein in their diet. Moong dal pizza is an excellent source of protein. The veggie toppings and cheese provide additional nourishment.
Moong Dal Pizza: Cooking Time & Yields
- Recipe Type: Breakfast / Snacks
- Cuisine: North Indian
- Prep Time: 5 hours
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 5 Hours 30 Minutes (includes soaking time)
- Yield: 3 to 4
A few pointers to remember when creating moong dal pizza
- Before preparing the batter, wash and soak the dal for 3-4 hours.
- Keep the batter at a medium consistency and avoid making it too thick.
- When creating the batter, always add water in tiny quantities. So you don’t wind up adding any more.
- You may also use grated cheese instead of cheese pieces.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Then you will like these pizza recipes as well: