Are you looking for a tasty Air Fryer Jerk Chicken recipe?
Don’t look any further. This dish is simple to make and yields delicious chicken. The jerk seasoning enhances the flavor of the chicken, and the air fryer guarantees that it is cooked to perfection. For a full supper, serve this with rice and veggies.
Jerk is a Jamaican culinary method in which meat is dry-rubbed or wet marinated in a fiery combination known as Jamaican jerk spice. Jerk seasoning contains a variety of spices, including hot peppers, black pepper, salt, onion, allspice, nutmeg, cane sugar, and thyme.
- 6 chicken thighs (skin on, bone-in)
- ¼ cup jerk BBQ sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ¼ cup jerk chicken marinade
How to you make jerk chicken in an air fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F (180°C).
- Mix the chicken thighs, oil, chili flakes, garlic, salt, and onion powder in a large
- mixing basin.
- Mix in the jerk marinade one more.
- In the air fryer basket, place the prepared chicken.
- Cook for 17 minutes at 360°F, turning halfway after 9 minutes.
- Keep the chicken in the air fryer basket after 17 minutes and brush it with jerk BBQ sauce.
- Return the chicken to the air fryer and cook at 400°F for 5 minutes.
- It is ready to serve after 5 minutes.
Cooking Time & Yields
- Prep Time: 5 Mins
- Cook Time: 15 Mins
- Total Time: 20 Mins
- Servings: 4
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
- Vitamin A: 586IU
- Vitamin C: 2mg
- Calcium: 19mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 117mg
Pro Tip: Jerk is often served dry with no sauce, but if you like a more saucy chicken, baste it with jerk barbecue sauce as it cooks. On the side, offer barbecue sauce as a dipping sauce.
How long should the chicken marinate?
Because the marinade has minimal acidity, which can break down the meat, this chicken can be marinated for an extended period. The more time you have, the better. Marinate it for at least 4 hours overnight to enable the flavors to develop. Overnight is ideal.
What is jerk chicken sauce made of?
These spices can also be used as a dry rub known as Jamaican jerk seasoning and consist of allspice, onions, garlic, Scotch bonnet peppers, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and thyme.
What are the 3 primary ingredients in Jamaican jerk?
There are 3 major ingredients in Jamaican jerk spices are: allspice, scotch bonnet, and thyme.
What do Jamaicans eat with jerk chicken?
For Jamaican jerk chicken, bread or a crispy fried dough dumpling called festival are popular side dishes. Jerk chicken also tastes good with rice, salad, potatoes, and steamed vegetables.