Mang Inasal chicken recipe famous grill chicken?
Yes, One of the most well-known grilled chicken dishes is Chicken Inasal. Because it is popular among Filipinos, the native ingredients and lengthy marinate procedure make this recipe so wonderful that you will want to eat more rice.
It conjures up images of a little burnt, delicate flesh that explodes with an acidic and sweet taste. Annatto oil’s yellowish-orange hue makes it more appealing.
Ingredients for Air Fried Chicken Inasal
- Two pcs. Chicken Quarter
- Three garlic cloves, minced
- One medium-sized chunk of red onion
- One ginger slice, thumb
- Two-piece Silence labuyo
- Two lemongrass pieces, bulb
- Two tablespoons of Calamansi juice
- Five tablespoons of Soy sauce
- 4 tbsp white vinegar
- Four tablespoons of brown sugar
- Three tablespoons of chicken annatto oil
How to make mang inasal chicken in an air fryer
- Prepare the mise en place by peeling off the skin of the garlic, onion, and ginger.
- Using the Breville Blender, combine garlic, onion, ginger, calamansi juice, lemongrass bulb, soy sauce, brown sugar, white vinegar, and annatto oil. Press the “BLEND” function and process until well combined.
- Transfer the marinade into a bowl with the chicken quarter legs (make sure you score the meat of the chicken). Marinade for at least 2 hours (ideal overnight).
- Preheat Breville Oven to 205 Deg C.
- Once preheated, transfer the marinated chicken into an oiled fry basket, then brush the chicken with the remaining annatto oil.
- Air-fry for 30 mins under 205 Deg C.
- Once cooked, transfer the chicken inasal to a plate and serve with garlic rice. Enjoy!
Time and servings
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Calories: 450kcal
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Protein: 31g
- Fat: 31g
- Cholesterol: 122mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- Iron: 2mg
Frequently Asked Questions About Mang Inasal Chicken Recipe Air Fryer
What is Mang Inasal chicken oil made of?
Chicken oil is a popular topping for inasal and rice. This sauce is made with chicken drippings and annatto oil.
What type of chicken is Mang Inasal?
BBQ chicken. Chicken Inasal is a Filipino-style BBQ/Grilled chicken seasoned with vinegar, citrus juice, lemongrass, and achiote. It’s juicy, savory, and excellent with steaming rice.
Can you put raw chicken in an air fryer?
Yes Absolutely; I cook my boneless, skinless chicken breasts for 10 minutes at 380°F before flipping and cooking for another 5-6 minutes, or until the internal temperature hits 165°F.
Does the air fryer make chicken dry?
If your air fryer chicken is too dry, you most likely overcook it. Check for doneness with a cheap rapid-read thermometer. At 165 degrees F, chicken is considered done.
Pro Tip: In my experience, when using skinless and/or boneless beef, this may get quite dry. The skin works as a barrier, keeping some moisture in the meat. It is also true that meat with a bone running through it helps the flesh retain moisture. When you remove that, the air fryer produces extremely dry and tough meat! If there is no oil or fat on the surface of other foods than meat, you will end up with something very dry!