Do you ever have a sweet need yet nothing is available?
In less than five minutes, you can whip up a scrumptious dish of Rice Krispy. You can make it in the microwave instead of on the stove. This recipe can’t go wrong! They’re never hard or dry.
It’s easier and less messy than making them on the stove, but the results are better. Every time, they are soft and chewy.
All you need is butter, marshmallows, and a box of Rice Krispy cereal.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
How to make Rice Krispy Treats in the Microwave
- The butter should be placed in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl and heated on high for about 30 seconds or until thoroughly melted.
- The marshmallows should be well covered in melted butter before being added.
- 30 seconds on high in the Microwave.
- Take away and stir.
- If necessary, microwave the marshmallows for an additional 15 to 30 seconds while stirring.
- After removing from the Microwave, thoroughly coat the cereal with the mixture.
- Choose whether to consume the cereal right away from the bowl or to move it to a smaller container, pack it down, and let it cool.
- Enjoy after chilling by cutting into approximately 4 squares.
Transfer them to a smaller container to compress the cereal down and let them cool before cutting them into the typical square-shaped treats if you’d like to enjoy them after they’ve cooled off.
Serving & Time
- Prep Time: 1 Minute
- Cook Time: 2 Minutes
- Total Time: 3 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Person
A Variation of Rice Krispy Treats
I’ve prepared this dish hundreds of times. However, I once accidentally overcooked the marshmallows by approximately 30 seconds.
It turned out to be a great surprise!
Because I cooked the marshmallows for a little longer, they were somewhat caramelized, giving the cereal and marshmallow mixture a caramel and brown butter taste. Because it was so delicious, I started cooking Rice Krispy Treats in the Microwave on purpose.
Don’t panic when you take the bowl out of the Microwave if you decide to attempt this yourself. There won’t be the traditional white, melted marshmallow goo appearance to the marshmallows. It will be practically transparent in hue with a tinge of yellow or brown.
Just thoroughly whisk it before adding the cereal. The Rice Krispy Treats you are accustomed to seeing will then appear.
- Calories: 105
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Total Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Sodium: 88mg
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 8g
What causes rice crispy treats to get hard?
High heat. The main reason why Rice Krispie treats get so hard is overcooking. To make them soft, melt the butter and marshmallows over low heat. Take the marshmallows off the heat when they are just about to melt. Like most candies, marshmallows get harder the longer you cook the sugar. You will be rewarded with tasty treats that are soft and chewy.
How do you reheat Rice Crispy Treats?
Heat them in a microwave with low heat settings for 5-10 seconds. It will make them softer and chewy again.
Why does Rice Krispy give an energy boost?
Rice Krispies Treats include a lot of simple carbs (from the cereal to the sugar used to glue it together), which contribute to the immediate energy boost.