The moong dal pizza or moonglet is transformed into a fluffy waffle-like structure that is topped with a variety of vegetables and cheese and served with a delightful handmade tamarind / green chutney or tomato sauce.
So here’s one of the best recipes for boosting immunity and maintaining energy levels throughout the day. A simple yet remarkable recipe for fluffiness and delicate texture on the inside with perfect crispiness on the outside.
This moong dal pizza has no similarity to Italian-style pizza; nonetheless, it is still termed a pizza owing to its form and texture. This pizza will appeal to people of all ages, from children to the elderly. The crust of this pizza is comprised of moong dal or lentils. The crust edges get crispy, much like ordinary pizza.
Yes, pizza can be healthy! There’s no need to feel bad about having a few slices of pizza because each slice (with toppings) has just 90 calories, 11 grams of carbohydrates, and 5 grams of protein!
It already has a gluten-free variant, and to make a vegan one, simply replace the cheese with olive oil or veg oil, and you’ll have your vegan pizza.
Ingredients for Moong Dal Pizza
- 1 cup cooked yellow moong dal overnight
- 1-inch piece ginger
- 2 to 3 green chilies
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tiny onion, split in half lengthwise
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon black salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon chat masala for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup frying oil/butter
- 1 cup grated cheese
Step-by-step Directions Moong Dal Pizza
- First, soak the moong dal. It should be thoroughly washed and drained.
- Now, in a blender, combine the moong dal, ginger, and green chilies with a little water to produce a fine paste.
- With a spatula, beat this dal paste until it turns frothy. Mix in the turmeric powder and salt. Combine thoroughly.
- Now, grease a nonstick pan with oil.
- Now, in a separate dish, combine 1 large serving spoon dal batter with 1 teaspoon baking soda and stir thoroughly.
- Pour it into a pan and spread it out.
- Meanwhile, as the dal paste cooks on one side, combine the chopped onion and capsicum.
- Mix in the black salt and black pepper powder. Put these vegetables on dal paste. Sprinkle with chopped coriander and turn it.
- Cook from the opposite side with 2 tsp butter. Flip it one more.
- Now add the shredded cheese and simmer until it begins to melt. Moonglet is complete. Sprinkle it with chat masala. Transfer this to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter. Serve immediately with green chutney.
Nutritional information for Moong Dal Pizza Recipe
- Calorie 545
- Total fat 17.77g
- Cholesterol 2.5%
- Sodium 61%
- fibers 12.2g
- Suger 4.3g
- Protein 31.51g
Moong Dal Pizza Recipe Time and Servings
- Total time: 55 mins
- Serves 5