These Oven Baked pizza sandwich recipes are ideal for game day!Quick, quick, cheesy, and sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
Sandwiches cooked in the oven are my favorite dish for serving a large group! To commemorate my niece and nephew’s first track meet, I cooked these Oven Baked Pepperoni Pizza Sandwiches. After jogging, they were both sweaty and hungry. These sandwiches were the ideal quick evening lunch for those hungry kids!
I adore how easy oven-baked sandwiches are to make and how many flavor combinations are available.
My oven-baked sandwiches all have one thing in common: they’re cheesy! For all of my cheesetastic cooking needs, I’ll be sure to stock up on Kraft Natural Shreds and Kraft Natural Slice products!
What person does not enjoy cheese, sandwiches, and pizza? Nobody that I am aware of.
Make a batch or two or three of these Oven Baked Pepperoni Pizza Sandwiches for a definite crowd-pleaser. They’ll move quickly!
Ingredients for oven-baked pizza sandwich
- Your choice of sliced bread (we like Italian)
- Slices of pepperoni (we like turkey pepperoni)
- Slices of Provolone or Mozzarella cheese
- Italian Seasoning in Butter
- Salt with Garlic
- Your preferred Pasta Sauce
Instructions for making an oven-baked pizza sandwich
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Depending on how many sandwiches you’re preparing, you’ll need two slices of bread for each, around a tablespoon of butter for each, and at least one slice of cheese for each. Now, I like to melt my butter a little and brush it over the outside of each slice, but it’s probably not essential if you want to spread unmelted butter on your bread with a knife.
- After buttering, season one side of each piece of bread (the side facing the pan) with garlic salt and Italian seasoning. If you use too much garlic salt, your sandwich will be overly salty. Then, on a baking sheet, place half of the buttered pieces face down, top with a slice of cheese, a layer of pepperoni, and another slice of buttered bread. When you’ve created as many as you want, they’re ready to bake.
- Bake for about 6 minutes on one side in a preheated 425-degree oven, checking to get it to your ideal degree of “toastiness.” Then gently flip over and bake for another 3 minutes, or until the optimum “brown-ness” for your taste is achieved.
- Serve with dipping spaghetti sauce.
Nutritional Information for an oven-baked pizza sandwich
- Calories 494
- Total Fat 25g
- Saturated Fat 13g
- Cholesterol 84mg
- Carbohydrates 48g
- Protein 20g
Time and Yield
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 6
Frequently Asked Questions About Oven Baked Pizza Sandwich Recipe
How do you toast a sandwich like subway in the oven?
Place the sandwiches on a large baking sheet and broil for 2 or 3 minutes, watching carefully, so they don’t burn. Please do not delegate this task to your children; rather, complete it yourself. When cooking in this manner, the oven becomes extremely hot, making it much simpler to burn yourself.
How do you toast a pizza sub in the oven?
Wrap each bun in heavy-duty foil coated liberally with nonstick frying spray. Put on a baking pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted, at 400 degrees F. Serve right away.
Can I toast a sandwich in the oven?
To toast a sandwich in the oven, assemble it open-faced, as if it were a tartine, then cook it on a baking sheet until the bread has some color and any hard cheese has melted. Get creative with leftovers and exciting combinations for sandwiches in oven dishes.