pizza scrolls recipe or Pizza Pinwheels are a delicious way to use up leftover pizza dough and are ideal for lunch boxes, picnics, or children’s parties.
In our family, we frequently have pizza night on Fridays, and there is typically just enough pizza dough left over for me to make some pizza scrolls for the kids’ lunch boxes the following week.
If you already have the pizza dough and toppings on hand, preparing some simple pizza scrolls takes only a few minutes.
If you don’t have time to create these pizza rollups right away, or if you prefer to eat your pizza scrolls hot out of the oven (they are fantastic fresh out of the oven when they are all gooey and cheesy), you can store the pizza dough in the fridge for up to a week.
To make pizza scrolls, I normally use my Thermomix pizza dough, but you may use any pizza dough recipe.
Pizza Scrolls Recipe Ingredients
- 1/3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs or 1 teaspoon fresh Italian herbs or coriander paste
- 2 sheets of frozen puff pastry
- 6 freshly sliced salami slices
- 1 cup shredded pizza cheese (I use a mixture of grated tasty cheese and grated mozzarella)
Step-by-Step Instructions for Pizza Scrolls
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Puff pastry sheets should be defrosted according to package directions.
- Combine the tomato paste and dry herbs in a mixing bowl (or herb paste).
- Place the defrosted puff pastry sheets on top of the tomato and herb mixture (half each).
- Garnish with chopped salami and grated cheese (half each).
- Roll the dough tightly and cut it into even pieces (I got 12 out of each, so 24 in total). It’s simpler for me to start by cutting the entire roll into even halves, then halving each piece, and so on, until you have 12 slices out of each roll.
- Place the slices on the baking sheet close together (this will prevent them from unrolling).
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until brown. Allow cooling before serving.
Pizza Scrolls Nutritional Information
- Calories: 128.6
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g 12 %
- Protein 3 g 5 %
- Sodium 141.9 mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g 3 %
Time and Servings
- Total time: 35 mins
- Serving Size: 1 (747) g
- Servings Per Recipe: 1
Frequently Asked Questions About Pizza Scrolls Recipe
Do you need to refrigerate pizza Scrolls?
It might be bacon, chicken, zucchini, or whatever else you desire. I use tomato paste and herbs because I never purchase pizza sauce, but you could simply substitute it. What should I do with these scrolls? They will store nicely in the fridge in an airtight container.
Can you freeze ham and cheese scrolls?
Ham and cheese scrolls that are kid-approved and ready in 30 minutes! These savoury scrolls are freezer-friendly and made with only six simple ingredients, making them ideal for lunchboxes, picnics, and weekend meals. I try to keep a range of freezer-friendly foods on hand at all times.
Can you cook pizza scrolls in the air fryer?
To create these crispy pizza rolls in the air fryer, place the rolls in the basket first. Cook for 6-8 minutes at 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Shake the basket after 4 minutes, which is halfway through the cooking time. They should be crispy on all sides and golden in color.