Pizza Skulls recipe is pizza pockets made in the shape of a skull cake pan. SO easy!! Pizza dough from the refrigerator, pizza sauce, mozzarella, sausage, and pepperoni. Each pizza pocket may be customized to everyone’s liking. Excellent for Halloween and Walking Dead gatherings! Bake ahead of time and freeze!
Serve quirky and frightening foods like Halloween Icky Intestines (made from crescent rolls) to make the occasion more memorable!
Ingredients for pizza skulls
- pan nonstick frying spray
- dough for pizza
- 1 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup pizza sauce (plus more warmed for dipping)
- 1⁄2 pound cooked and crumbled Italian sausage
- 18 pepperoni slices
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- sprig of Italian parsley (to garnish)
Step-by-step instructions for making pizza skulls
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Set aside after spraying the skull mold with nonstick spray.
- Stretch or roll the pizza dough into a 21×8-inch rectangle with the long edge closest to you. Make six 3 1/2-inch broad strips.
- Lay dough into skull cavities, one at a time if required. Add a tablespoon of shredded mozzarella, a tablespoon of grated parmesan, a tablespoon of marinara sauce, a spoonful of sausage, 3 pepperonis, another tablespoon of sauce, another tablespoon of mozzarella, and a sprinkle of Italian spice to the middle. Fold the dough over the contents and squeeze together to seal. Continue with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from molds and serve with parsley sprigs. Serve with additional warm pizza sauce on the side for dipping.
Nutritional value of pizza skulls
- Calories: 270kcal (14%)
- Carbohydrates: 32g (11%)
- Protein: 13g (26%)
- Fat: 10g (15%)
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 1g (4%)
- Sugar: 5g (6%)
- Calcium: 193mg (19%)
- Iron: 2mg (11%)
Time and Servings
- Total time: 25 mins
- Servings: 4
Q&A about the pizza skulls recipe
What toppings do you put on a pizza skull?
Inside the pizza skulls, you may put any pizza toppings you choose, including mushrooms, olives, onions, pepper, pineapple, and ham. Baked skulls can be frozen for later use.
What can you make with a stuffed skull Pan?
Using the pan, you may make any type of bread shaped like a human skull. The skulls may even be stuffed with gooey cheese and pizza toppings. Stuffed Pizza Skulls may be kept simple by filling them with sauce, cheese, and small pepperoni, or you can add any of your favorite pizza toppings.
How do you make a skull pizza with pizza dough?
Each dough sheet should be cut in half. Drape dough into the pan’s skull cavity. 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce, pizza toppings, and 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese should be added. Cut off the extra dough and squeeze the seams together. Brush the top of the dough with the egg wash.