These air fryer pumpkin doughnuts are delectable handmade donuts that are excellent for the fall season.The pumpkin-flavored dough is air fried and coated in pumpkin spice sugar for crisp outsides and fluffy insides.
These simple doughnuts are a delicious treat when the days grow longer and you crave the pumpkin spice taste. They go wonderfully with milk, coffee, or apple cider and make an excellent Halloween treat.
Perhaps creating homemade air fryer doughnuts intimidates you.
And I understand – cheater air fryer doughnuts made with biscuit dough, like my chocolate glazed donuts or maple donuts, are lovely and extremely easy to prepare.
However, if you want pumpkin donuts, you must bake them from scratch because no pumpkin-flavored biscuits are available. Fortunately, even inexperienced bakers will find this recipe simple.
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
How To Make Pumpkin Donut Recipe Instructions
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a medium mixing basin.
- Make tiny chunks of butter. Then, using a pastry blender or two forks, incorporate the butter into the flour until it resembles gritty sand.
- In a mixing dish, combine the pumpkin puree and 14 cup of milk. Stir until the dough starts to come together and forms a ball. If the dough is too dry and crumbly, add a tablespoon of milk at a time.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured cutting board until smooth.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal halves. Roll each dough piece into a long tube and join the ends to make a donut shape.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375° F.
- Make sure the donuts are not touching in the air fryer basket.
- As they cook, they will expand somewhat. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you should be able to fit 4-6 doughnuts in the basket.
- Brush vegetable oil on each doughnut. Coat the exterior with a pastry brush or a spray bottle of oil.
- Commercial spray oils include preservatives that might ruin the nonstick coating of the basket.
- Cook the doughnuts for 8 minutes in the air fryer or until golden brown.
- Cook the doughnuts in batches until all of them are done.
- Allow the donuts to cool on a wire rack before sprinkling with sugar.
- Melt the butter for the topping. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Brush each doughnut with melted butter and then roll in the sugar mixture until well covered.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time:16 Minutes
- Total Time: 31 Minutes
- Course: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Merican
- Servings: 10
- Calories: 290 Kcal
- Calories: 290kcal
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Sodium: 155mg
- Potassium: 89mg
- Vitamin A: 1451IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
- Calcium: 65mg
- Iron: 2mg
Why is my donut not fluffy?
When cooked, underproof doughnuts are stiffer (denser) and do not puff up beautifully. If you use a cutter that is not sharp enough to cut through the dough properly, you may get cracked donuts. Alternatively, the dough is not correctly proofed or is too cold.
What is the glaze on donuts made of?
2 cups powdered sugar, 1/4 cup milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Whisk until creamy. When the doughnuts are cool enough to handle, dip them in the glaze and, if desired, turn them so that the tops are thoroughly coated. Place on racks to let the glaze to solidify.