Reuben Pizza is a simple and tasty main meal or snack that will please any hungry family. This kid-friendly hybrid blends the meaty, cheesy, and acidic tastes of a Reuben sandwich with the ease of pizza. Pair it with creamy coleslaw or potato salad for a quick and easy lunch or dinner.
Ingredients for Making Reuben Pizza
- One (1 pound) loaf of frozen whole-wheat bread dough, thawed.
- 1 cup sauerkraut – rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon caraway seed
- ¼ cup chopped dill pickles (optional)
- ½ cup thousand island dressing
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 ounces deli-sliced corned beef, cut into strips
How To Make Reuben Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a large pizza pan. Roll the bread dough out into a large circle about 14 inches across on a lightly floured surface.
- Transfer to the prepared pizza pan. Build up the edges, and prick the centre with a fork so it doesn’t form a dome when baking.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden.
- Top the hot crust with half the salad dressing, half the Swiss cheese, and corned beef and sauerkraut. Sprinkle with the caraway seed. Drizzle with the remaining salad dressing.
- Let the pizza stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Bake for 10 more minutes, until cheese melts and toppings, are heated. Sprinkle with chopped pickles.
Reuben Pizza Cooking Time
- Prep time 5 minutes
- Cook time 12 minutes
- Total time 17 minutes
1 slice: 480 calories 27g fat (10g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 1527mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), and 23g protein.
What is a real Reuben made of?
A standard Reuben sandwich consists of corned beef, swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and Russian dressing toasted between layers of rye bread until the bread is crispy and the cheese melts.
Though the sandwich may be eaten hot or cold, we like to serve it hot. The meat is cooked, the cheese melts, and the acidic dressing permeates the sauerkraut, resulting in an enticing grilled sandwich.
What goes on a Reuben pizza?
Dress the pizza crust with thousand island dressing. Corned beef, sauerkraut, cheese, and caraway seeds on top (optional). 12-15 minutes in the oven or until the cheese is melted. Serve with sliced pickles on top.
Can I use a different crust for Reuben pizza?
Yes, you can make Reuben pizza using different pizza doughs. The recipe calls for any pre-baked crust. However, cauliflower pizza dough or a homemade pizza crust recipe can be used. You may use thick or thin pizza crusts as well. It all depends on your particular preferences.
How do you make corned beef pizza?
Preheat the oven to 550°F and place a pizza stone on the bottom third rack. Stretch the dough out on a pizza peel dusted with cornmeal/semolina or parchment paper. Combine the sauce, cut pork, well-drained sauerkraut, caraway seeds, and cheeses in a mixing bowl. 8 minutes in the oven, or until golden brown and the cheese is melted
Are Reubens toasted or pressed?
The classic grilled Reuben Sandwich is irresistible comfort food.
Crispy bread, savoury corned beef, zesty sauerkraut, and creamy Russian dressing combine to make the ultimate sandwich.