Roccbox is new to you? Here’s some information for you! To get to know your new favorite cooking buddy, we have compiled The First Five Recipes we think you HAVE to try. These beginner recipes cover everything from pizza to vegetables.
It was hard to choose our favorite recipes for Roccbox beginners, but we think these 5 offer a glimpse into what Roccbox can do.
Meat is so succulent and moist, beautifully crusted on the outside, and vegetables so tasty you might never eat meat again. Of course, there’s pizza.
As you become pizza obsessed increasingly, you’ll no doubt be exploring our website for dough recipes. We’ve included some of the best beginner’s dough recipes as well as a great way to use the leftover dough.
1. Simple Pizza Dough Recipe
- Step 1: Pour all of the water into the big mixing basin and whisk to dissolve the yeast. Add half of the flour (500g) to the bowl and mix with your hands for 30 seconds.
- Step 2: Add the other half of the flour to the bowl and mix for 30 seconds to incorporate, followed by the salt and another 30 seconds of mixing.
- Step 3: Transfer the dough mass to your counter and knead with your hands for 10 minutes before covering with a tea towel and resting on your kitchen/work area for 10 minutes.
- Step 4: Form the dough mass into a smooth ball by dragging it over the counter surface to create tension on the dough’s exterior. Cover and rest the dough for another 45 minutes.
- Step 5: Using scales, separate the dough into 250g sections, using a dough cutter if available, or your hands or a knife if not. Form the dough into balls and place in lightly oiled containers or a tray, covering with a lid for 8 hours at room temperature (18°C).
- Step 6: Preheat your Gozney Roccbox or Dome to 450°C in step 6. Open a dough ball using your preferred method, gently top, and transfer to a Gozney placement peel. To prevent the dough from sticking, carefully sprinkle the peel with flour before beginning.
- Step 7: Gently re-adjust the pizza to stretch to the edges of the peel if required. Give the pizza a short shuffle test on the peel; it should move easily without becoming stuck and then transfer to your Gozney pizza oven.
- Step 8: Bake the pizza for 20-30 seconds before rotating it using a Gozney turning peel. Turn every 20-30 seconds for 90 seconds, or until the pizza is cooked to your liking. Remove the pizza from the oven to a cutting board, slice, and serve!
2. Breakfast Pizza
Breakfast pizza baked in the Roccbox Pizza Oven is a fantastic concept. Aside from the dough preparation, it takes about the same time as preparing a fry-up. Because the Roccbox makes pizzas so rapidly, certain of your components must be precooked.
I made black pudding, streaky bacon, and sausages ahead of time. I also prefer to prepare the mushrooms ahead of time.
Spread all the toppings over a tomato basis, leaving a little space in the center for your egg, and top with shredded mozzarella to taste. Insert the egg into the center and place it in the oven.
It took a little longer because it was very laden with toppings. Just be sure to flip it frequently to ensure an even cook.
3. Panozzo with meatballs
To make the meatballs
- In a pestle and mortar, gently ground the fennel seeds before adding the chili flakes, oregano, chopped rosemary, and breadcrumbs and mixing together.
- Split the sausage skins and combine the meat with the beef mince in a mixing dish. Combine the spice mix, parmesan, dijon mustard, and egg in a mixing bowl.
- Season the mixture and divide it into 15g meatballs (this recipe makes around 48 meatballs at this size, but they freeze well if you only make a few Panuozzos) and cover and chill until needed.
- To cook the meatballs, heat a cast iron pan in Roccbox, add a lug of oil, and fry the meatballs (approximately 9 per Panuozzo) for 3-4 minutes, shaking occasionally.
Remove the pan from the Roccbox and pour in roughly 120ml of tomato sauce per part, swirling the pan to incorporate the fat.
- Rip enough mozzarella over the meatballs to cover, then cover the pan with foil while baking the Panuozzo.
Making the Panuozzo
- To make the Panuozzo, divide a 230g dough ball in half and open it into a slipper form. Cook for about 2 minutes in the front third of the oven in Roccbox, flipping as needed.
- Cut one side of the Panuozzo with scissors so it may be opened like a book.
- Remove the foil from the pan and sprinkle it with basil leaves before spooning the meatballs and sauce into the bread.
4. Gozney Roccbox pizza oven thick pizza recipe
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup tomato pizza sauce
- ¼ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (oregano, basil, parsley)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- dash salt
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
Step by Step Instructions
- In a large mixer, combine the first four dry ingredients. I like to use my Kitchen Aid mixer.
- Combine the water and oil before adding to the dry ingredients. I use my KitchenAid mixer to combine, then knead for about 5 minutes with the dough hook. Hand-knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic on a lightly floured surface.
- Grease a bowl with olive oil and place the dough ball inside. To coat, toss it about. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set it aside for 20 minutes to rise. I use the same mixing bowl to avoid contaminating another dish. When I’m in a hurry, I occasionally skip this ascent. The dough will still taste fine, but it will be less thick and malleable.
- Grease a 12″ or 16″ pizza pan and spread the dough out on it with your hands. Use a rolling pin instead. Allow rising for another 15 minutes.
- Pizza should be topped with olive oil, Italian spices, garlic powder, and salt. After that, top with your preferred pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, toppings, and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 11-15 minutes at 450°F.
Toppings for your pizza: 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon Italian spice, 14 teaspoons garlic powder, and a pinch of salt. Spread the oil mixture over the crust, paying great attention to the edges.
Add pizza sauce to taste. A good pizza sauce is required. If you don’t want to make your own, use Trader Joe’s pizza sauce or this marinara sauce. Then stir in 34 to 1 cup shredded mozzarella and 14 cups fresh grated parmesan.
5. Roccbox Bone-In Ribeye Steak Recipe
- Step 1: Allow your meat to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes before patting it dry all over.
- Step 2: Place the salt and pepper on a chopping board or big plate, massage the meat with a little olive oil, then roll the steak in the spice mix, coating it.
- Step 3: Preheat a skillet in Roccbox, add a dash of oil, and add the steak, pushing down as you go.
- Step 4: Cook the steak for 8 minutes or until the crust forms and the fat begins to caramelize.
- Step 5: Remove the pan from the Roccbox, add the butter, herbs, and garlic, and baste the butter as it melts.
- Step 6: Reduce Roccbox to its lowest level and cook for 2-3 minutes, basting at regular intervals.
- Step 7: A temperature probe may be used to monitor the doneness of the meat. A core temperature of roughly 51°C will yield a medium-rare steak, and 64°C will yield a medium steak (you’ll probably be cooking for around 10-12 minutes total).
- Step 8: Place the steak on a platter, drain out the meat juices, butter, and herbs, and set aside for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
6. Gozney Detroit Style Pizza
Follow these steps to make the perfect Gozney style Deep dish Detroit style pizza .
Step 1: Make the dough
- Combine the yeast and water. In a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, combine the flour and salt, then gradually add the liquid. 3 minutes of mixing
- Turn off the mixer and set aside the dough for 10 minutes to rest.
- Mix for another 5 minutes. Transfer the dough to an oiled basin, cover with cling film, and set aside to prove for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Grease a typical Detroit pan and gently place the dough in it. Stretch the dough to the corners, cover with cling film, and set aside for another 30 minutes to prove.
Step 2: Make the tomato sauce
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and oil and sauté the garlic for 3-5 minutes over low heat, being careful not to let it brown.
- Cook for another 3-5 minutes after adding the dried herbs, basil sprigs, and onion quarters.
- Add the blitzed tomatoes and set aside for an hour.
- Remove and discard the onion and basil, and keep aside the sauce until used.
Step 3: Toppings
- Place 12 pepperoni slices on top carefully. Add the chopped cheese, making sure there is plenty of cheese around the sides of the pan to obtain that black crispy crust.
- Finish with two ‘racing stripes’ of tomato sauce and the leftover pepperoni.
- Place the pan in the front third of your Gozney pizza oven and bake for 4-5 minutes. Cook for another 5 minutes after rotating.
- Allow it to rest for 1-2 minutes in the pan before transferring it to a cutting board and serving.
7. Roccbox Cauliflower Steak Recipe
- Step 1: While a cast iron pan in your Gozney Oven is preheating, brush the cauliflower steak all over with oil and season thoroughly. Return the pan to the Gozney oven and place the steak in it.
- Step 2: Cook the cauliflower steak for 8 minutes, twisting and often flipping until it’s evenly browned and charred in areas. Insert a knife or skewer into the cauliflower stem to check for doneness; you want it to soften but not become mushy!
- Step 3: Allow the butter to froth for a few seconds in the hot pan before pouring in the lemon juice and adding the capers.
- Step 4: Brush the cauliflower with butter all over with a spoon before adding the parsley and serving.
How long does it take to cook a pizza in a Roccbox?
It takes 20-30 minutes for an oven to heat up to 400-450 C and 60-90 seconds to cook a pizza. I would suggest heating them for 1 hour at full blast if you are planning a longer session. Despite continuous use for 5-6 hours, the stone remains at 400C.
How do you cook Roccbox pizza?
In order to assure the stone floor is at the desired temperature (400-420 degrees on the stone floor), the Roccbox needs to be fully saturated with heat with the flame turned down.
What size pizza can a Roccbox cook?
Featuring a 12-inch pizza oven, the Gozney Roccbox is a compact pizza oven for outdoor use. With silicone skin, you can safely touch it even when the interior temperature is well over 600 degrees, and you can cook your pizza either with gas or wood-burning stoves.
To store the Roccbox, you just need to make sure it’s dry. It’s best to store it in a shed or garage when it’s not in use.
Did you like this recipe? Check out these pizza recipes as well: