Samosas are delicious, deep-fried fritters generally filled with seasoned potatoes. I’ve seen them cooked with meat, cheese, or lentils. Like us, they come in various forms – the triangular ones are the most common, but I’ve also seen cones and half-moons.
Pastry packed with a delectable filling is one sort of globally appreciated meal. These can be sweet, such as jelly donuts or cream puffs, or savory, such as wontons, pork buns, or calzones.”You can utilize this process and put anything within the dough,” she says if you want to get creative with this recipe.
Ingredients Of Samosa Recipe
- 1 box frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 2 small carrots, diced small
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons water
- ¼ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated or minced ginger
- 2 small Yukon potatoes, diced small
Instructions For Samosa Recipe Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
- Place the samosas on a hot air fryer tray in a single layer.If you have an air fryer oven, place the tray on the top shelf.
- At 400°F (200°C), air fry for 9-10 minutes.
- After 5 minutes of cooking, flip the samosas.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the interior temperature of your samosas, especially if they include meat or poultry.
- They should have attained a temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 degrees Celsius).
- If necessary, you can increase the cooking time by a few minutes.
- Samosas should be served with your preferred dipping sauce.
Time Duration Of Samosa Recipe
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 1 hr 10 mins
- Diet: Vegan
- Servings: 16 samosas
- Calories: 147kcal
- Serving: 100g
- Calories: 147kcal
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 187mg
- Potassium: 157mg
- Vitamin A: 106IU
- Vitamin C: 9mg
- Calcium: 8mg
- Iron: 1mg
Can samosa be cooked in air fryer?
Yes, samosa be cooked in the air fryer. Cooking oil should be liberally applied to the samosas (both sides). Place samosas in an air fryer basket in a single layer. Don’t overfill the basket. Air fry for 4 minutes at 180°C/355°F, flipping after 2 minutes.
Why is my samosa not crispy?
Why isn’t my samosa crisp? This occurs when the samosa is fried in hot oil. Always fried the samosas on a low heat. Also, your dough must be firm.