Shishito Peppers in the Air Fryer is one of the simplest appetizers I’ve ever made. It’s easy, FAST, flavorful, and ready in 10 minutes.
Roasted shishito peppers are a fantastic game-day snack or barbeque side.
I used to sauté them in olive oil in a cast iron skillet until they were gently blistered and browned when I first bought them. Let’s get started full recipe; enjoy it.
Ingredients For Air Fried Shishito Pepper
- 6 ounces of shishito peppers
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
How do you cook Shishito Peppers in Airfryer?
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Spray the shishito peppers in the air fryer basket with olive oil spray (you only need a light spritz).
- Air fried the shishito peppers for 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees F, or until softened and blistered. Halfway through cooking, shake the basket.
- Mix the ingredients for the dipping sauce in a small dish while the peppers simmer.
- To taste, season with more soy sauce or citrus juice.
- Serve the shishito peppers immediately with lemon juice sprinkled on top.
Cooking Time & Yields
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 6 mins
- Total Time: 8 mins
- Course: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- Servings: 2 people
- Calories: 21kcal
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Protein: 1g
- Fibre: 2g
- Sugar: 2g
- Vitamin A: 575IU
- Vitamin C: 41.3mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
Are shishito peppers good for you?
They’re low in calories and high in dietary fibre, so they’ll keep you feeling full and content. Shishito peppers are high in vitamins A, C, and E, which benefit your skin, immune system, and vision. Shishito peppers are also high in antioxidants, which aid in the battle against free radicals, which harm your cells.
Do shishito peppers need to be cooked?
Shishito peppers, like any other pepper, may be eaten raw. They’re little (just 3-4 inches long), making them ideal for nibbling. While shishito peppers are excellent to consume raw, when cooked, they become the gourmet stars of the show.
Can you eat the stem of a shishito pepper?
Eat them whole, seeds and all, but avoid eating the stems. Shishito peppers may be found at well-stocked stores, like Trader Joe’s, the farmers market, and in your CSA basket.
Are shishito peppers a laxative?
Shishito pepper fibre also has another role. It not only helps with regularity but also reduces food cravings. Consuming adequate fibre helps to avoid constipation and other digestive issues by improving bowel motions.
How long do you cook peppers in an air fryer?
In a large mixing bowl, combine the peppers, onion, olive oil, and salt. Place the mixture in the air fryer basket. Cook, occasionally stirring, for 7 to 9 minutes, or until the peppers and onion are soft and beginning to brown.
Can I put frozen peppers and onions in air fryer?
There’s no need to add another step to your preparation because frozen vegetables do not need to be thawed before cooking in the air fryer. Cooking them frozen produces the greatest results.