The shishito peppers recipe air fryer is possibly one of the simplest appetizers I’ve ever made! It’s easy, FAST, flavorful, and ready in 10 minutes. Roasted shishito peppers are a fantastic game-day snack or barbeque side.
I found how quick and simple it is to prepare them in an air fryer using a quarter of the oil.
- 8-ounce shishito peppers are available at farmer’s markets and select supermarket shops, including Trader Joe’s.
- spritz with extra virgin olive oil
- and a 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- One lemon, peeled and cut into wedges
How to make shishito peppers recipe air fryer
- Spritz the shishito peppers with olive oil all over.
- Preheat the air fryer for 3 minutes at 400°F.
- Transfer to the air fryer and cook for 8 minutes at 400F, shaking the basket halfway through until tender and slightly browned and blistered.
- Serve heated, sprinkled with salt, and squeezed with lemon wedges.
Time & Servings
- Total Time: 10 min
- Servings: 4-5
- Calories: 21kcal
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Protein: 1
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 2g
- Iron: 0.5mg
Frequently Asked Questions About Shishito Peppers Recipe Air Fryer
Do you eat the stem of shishito peppers?
Eat them whole, seeds and all, but avoid eating the stems. Shishito peppers may be found at well-stocked stores, like Trader Joe’s, the farmers market, and in your CSA basket!
How long do you cook peppers in an air fryer?
In a large mixing bowl, combine the peppers, onion, olive oil, and salt. Place the mixture in the air fryer basket. Cook, occasionally stirring, for 7 to 9 minutes, or until the peppers and onion are soft and beginning to brown.
Can I put frozen peppers and onions in air fryer?
There’s no need to add another step to your preparation because frozen vegetables do not need to be thawed before cooking in the air fryer. Cooking them frozen produces the greatest results.