This gorgeous Sushi Pizza is surprisingly simple to make. Don’t be put off by its picture-perfect appearance. (I know, it almost looks too good to eat.) Take out your rice cooker and make the recipe below.
Finding sushi-grade fish can be difficult at times. However, guess what? I was overjoyed when Whole Foods began selling frozen sushi-grade salmon and tuna!
This fish tastes just like the fish at my favorite sushi restaurant! This rice pizza can be topped with anything, not just raw fish. Make the rice pizzas with short-grain sushi rice that has been cooked in a rice cooker and baked in the oven (not fried). So nutritious.
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Mayo
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- Green onions to taste
- Sesame seeds to taste
- 1 cup cooked sushi rice (not seasoned)
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 Egg + water
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Panko
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/2 pounds salmon
- 1/2 pounds tuna
How to make sushi pizza at home
- Combine the water, rice, vinegar, salt, and sugar in a medium saucepan and set aside for 10 minutes. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat
- Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook for 18 to 20 minutes, or until rice is tender. Place the rice on a baking sheet and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Combine mayonnaise and wasabi in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add rice to skillet; crush rice with damp palms to make a big rice patty.
- Allow rice to simmer, undisturbed, until gently brown on the bottom, about 5 minutes.
- Brush the top of the rice cake with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Invert the rice cake by carefully placing the back of a small pizza pan over it.
- Return the rice cake to the heated pan over medium-high heat and cook for 5 minutes, or until gently brown and crisp.
- Allow cooling for 10 minutes after removing from skillet. (To speed up the procedure, place the rice patties in the freezer for 5 minutes.)
- Spread a thin layer of wasabi mayonnaise over the rice patty, leaving a 1-inch border. Arrange the smoked salmon in a circle around the outside border of the mayonnaise layer. Arrange cucumber slices in a ring around the fish.
- Arrange tuna slices on top of cucumber slices. Arrange slices of avocado in the center of the pie. Spread jalapeno slices equally on the pizza, then place ginger slices in the middle of the avocado pieces.
- Combine soy glaze and ponzu sauce in a small bowl—drizzle soy mixture over pizza. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Cooking Time & Yields
- Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- Total: 60 minutes
- Carbs 67 g
- Dietary Fiber 2 g
- Sugar 43 g
- Fat 11 g
- Saturated fat 5 g
- Monounsaturated fat 3 g
- Protein 18 g
- Sodium 616 mg
- Potassium 90 mg
- Cholesterol 44 mg
How do you make fried sushi pizza?
In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and a little water. In another dish, combine flour and panko breadcrumbs. Coat the rice patties in flour, then in egg mixture, and last in panko crumbs.
Fry until golden brown and crispy on all sides.
What is the average calorie count of a Sushi meal?
A typical order of six pieces contains 250 to 375 calories, depending on the type of fish and whether or not it is accompanied by avocado.