I was afraid to try it at first since tuna and pizza don’t generally go together, but it was incredibly unique.
Making homemade tuna pizza is simple; you only need a few pantry staples! You may create your own pizza dough and sauce by following my recipes.
Make this easy tuna pizza with sweetcorn with items from your pantry. There is no need for a pizza stone to create it!
If you enjoy tuna, you will love this tuna pizza!!
Ingredients for tuna pizza
- One pound of pizza dough or 1 (10 ounces) pre-baked pizza crust can also be used.
- 1/4-1/2 cup ready-made pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella (mozzarella, provolone, parm, or a pizza blend)
- 1 (6.7 ounces) jar tuna in olive oil, set aside
- 1/4 cup rinsed capers
- 1/4 red onion, diced 1/2 cup pitted black olives
Instructions for making tuna pizza
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place the pizza crust on a baking sheet or pizza pan. Spread half of the cheese on top of the pizza dough.
- Top with tuna, capers, sliced red onion, olives, and the remaining cheese.
- Drizzle some of the saved tuna oil over the pizza.
- 12-15 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown around the edges of the pie.
- Serve with salad and relish.
Note: You may use any sort of tuna and whatever toppings you choose.
Time and Serves
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Serves: 6
Nutritional Information about Tuna Pizza
- Calories 596
- Fat 23g
- Cholesterol 58mg
- Sodium 1209mg
- Protein 44g
- Calcium 293mg
Questions and Answers about Tuna Pizza Recipe
What toppings go well with tuna pizza?
The original tuna pizza is covered with tomato sauce, canned tuna, slices, mozzarella, and peppers. Other toppings such as artichoke hearts, mushrooms, and basil can be added to the pizza. Other toppings such as artichoke hearts, mushrooms, and basil can be added to the pizza.
How do you make tuna pizza toppings?
Top with tuna, capers, sliced red onion, olives, and the remaining cheese. Drizzle some of the saved tuna oil over the pizza. 12-15 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown around the edges of the pie. Serve with salad and relish.
Can I put tuna on a frozen pizza?
You certainly can. Because you will be draining the liquid, you can use any tuna (in brine or regular oil). You are free to use as much as you like. You might be able to fit both pizzas on one baking sheet/tray if you have a large baking sheet/tray.
What country puts tuna toppings on its pizza?
Germany. While anchovies are the fishiest ingredient on an American pizza, Germans want their pies to be loaded with seafood. Canned tuna is a popular topping on pizzas in Germany, adding protein and weird aromas to pizza boxes across the country.
Do Italians eat tuna on pizza?
Yes, Italians eat tuna on pizza. “Pizza al Tonno” is a basic Italian pizza with tuna as a topping. It consists of a basic pizza crust covered with tomato sauce, mozzarella, and tuna packed with olive oil. Because canned tuna is a simple and tasty ingredient used all year, this classic pizza can be seen in most Italian pizzerias.